Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brush this dog daily. But he is starting to get some matts here and there. It is really getting long and so fluffy-prob just too much hair. We are going on vacation in Sept and I know when I return he'll really be in a mess!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
How old is Harley and how long is his hair? Paris will be 8 months old tomorrow and she is really starting to matt and I brush her twice a day! Her hair is probably 2 1/2- 3 inches long. Even thinking about getting her cut. Don't really want to but if it will help with the matting...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Harleysmom@Jun 17 2005, 04:06 PM
I brush this dog daily. But he is starting to get some matts here and there. It is really getting long and so fluffy-prob just too much hair. We are going on vacation in Sept and I know when I return he'll really be in a mess!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73443
[/QUOTE]

I had thought I'd want Catcher's hair long forever but got him a puppy cut about 6 weeks ago and I will never let it get long again. It is just so cute and fluffy and only needs to be brushed a few times a week! I do have his hair on his face long and a top knot (pony tail). The way he plays, etc. the long hair looked good only for a couple minutes. He has very thick, soft cottony hair, which is just perfect for the puppy cut. But even Kallie who has silky thinnish hair looks great in her puppy cut, too! You really might want to try it.... Just print out and take JMM's tutorial to the groomer with you!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I used to keep Peechie's hair kinda long. First of all she isn't too thrilled about being brushed. I do brush her but quickly before she starts moving around. Now I keep her hair shorter, still a little long on her head and around her face. Let me tell ya, its so much easier to take of.

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
942 Posts
Chanel's hair is getting heavily matted too...I must have done something real bad in my past life because I am tortured with MATTS!!! :lol:

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Jun 21 2005, 11:22 PM
Chanel's hair is getting heavily matted too...I must have done something real bad in my past life because I am tortured with MATTS!!!  :lol:

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74373
[/QUOTE]

Oh, how I feel your pain
I spent an hour yesterday trying to get matts out of Indy and he was not a happy camper either
I may have to give in and go for a puppy cut
his coat has changed recently because it matts so easily now, I just can't keep up. I try so hard, but he doesn't like to sit still which is the main problem, so I can't spend the time I need in certain areas. He hates his legs , paws, and backside brushed, oh.... and his tail too

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harley hates his tummy area to be brushed-also his back end area by his tail.I can't get these areas at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts