Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I put Harley in the play-pen for two minutes while I had the front door open so my cousin could leave without Harley trying to escape, and she jumped right out of it. Its a baby's play pen, so its pretty tall, and she cleared it by at least three inches. So, I guess the play pen doesn't work for her and that was a waste of money, but hey, maybe i see some agility in her future

Just wanted to warn everyone who uses a play pen for their puppies, some of them like to try to break out of jail

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh! Did she jump out or climb out? I'm lucky that even though Catcher's playpen is only 18" high, he has not even attempted to jump out. Whew!

Thanks so much for letting everyone know to be aware of this though. Yes, it does sound like Harley is a potential agility champion!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I have the small animal play yard by Marshall, and I cannot imagine Valletta jumpin out of it...even if she were able to climb atop her cabana. I have a friend who had her puppy (a springer) in a baby (human) play yard. The puppy was able to climb up the sides of the mesh like a cat and would spring off the top. That same puppy within one day could open the spring lock door on her crate. She is now about 13 weeks old and the best puppy.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey had the exercise pen and it was 42 inches high. She couldn't jump out but she did jump up on her crate and try to scale the wall to get out. From then on the crate went in the middle of the pen. I can see Lacey climbing a baby play pen. I have the one that babies sleep in, cant' remember what it is called, and I bet Lacey could climb out of that if I let her.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Sep 5 2005, 08:26 PM
Gosh! Did she jump out or climb out? I'm lucky that even though Catcher's playpen is only 18" high, he has not even attempted to jump out. Whew!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97105
[/QUOTE]

It happened so fast I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think she jumped out, and it looked so easy for her too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts