Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a harness dress or harness vest? I'm curious about how well they work. They look like they would be more comfortable than a regular harness, so I'm tempted to get one. Also, what about step-in harnesses? Are they more comfortable than a regular harness? Dolce pulls on the leash so much when I'm walking her that I'm afraid her regular harness puts too much pressure on her neck.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've neve gotten or tried a harness dress or vest but I think they are kept together with velcro. Step in harnesses are great! They are so easy to get on and off. They are just like a regular harness once you get them on. You want to look for the kind of harness that does not attach like a collar. So a step in harness or one like this would be good:

Here are some pics of step in harnesses:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I am hooked on harness dresses and vests!! So easy to put on and take off. The velcro sticks like glue. Thanks to Jodi (Chloeandj) I just received nine more little outfits for the girls. They are stylin'....

I highly recommend them

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I ordered a couple of the harness dresses/vests from Jodi also. Paris doesn't really like to wear clothes but I put this on her and attached her leash and she forgot all about having something on. She was ready to go. They work great!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Oh yes, they get use to them rather quickly. Joplin and Frankie will bring their dresses to me!! Sammie would almost put hers on herself!! They love the attention they get while struttin' around the neighborhood...so cute

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I have a step-in harness just like Kristi pictured, except ours is pink, of course. I haven't tried the vests, but I'd love a winter jacket with legs and a "d" ring for walking in the winter months. I haven't seen anything like that yet...although I did find a fleece onsie with legs and of course cut out for potty.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Jodi makes some adorable little harness dresses for little Malts. Here is her site. I didn't make it a link so you will have to type it in yourself.

http:// stores.ebay.com/Chloe-Clothes-for-Little-Dogs

Also, I have the step in harness that someone showed. It is fine unless your baby has long hair then it is a booger to snap without getting the hair caught. It also matts the hair in the armpits. So be sure and brush as soon as you remove it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Sep 16 2005, 11:47 AM
I have a step-in harness just like Kristi pictured, except ours is pink, of course.  I haven't tried the vests, but I'd love a winter jacket with legs and a "d" ring for walking in the winter months.  I haven't seen anything like that yet...although I did find a fleece onsie with legs and of course cut out for potty.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100250
[/QUOTE]
I wonder if barking dog could do one.

Dinky Dawg does fleece snowsuits with the hooks.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Sep 16 2005, 11:47 AM
I have a step-in harness just like Kristi pictured, except ours is pink, of course.  I haven't tried the vests, but I'd love a winter jacket with legs and a "d" ring for walking in the winter months.  I haven't seen anything like that yet...although I did find a fleece onsie with legs and of course cut out for potty.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100250
[/QUOTE]

I do four legged fleece coats and I can add the d ring easily.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Sep 16 2005, 09:25 AM
I am hooked on harness dresses and vests!!  So easy to put on and take off.  The velcro sticks like glue.  Thanks to Jodi (Chloeandj) I just received nine more little outfits for the girls.  They are stylin'....

I highly recommend them

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100180
[/QUOTE]

Great
I was just wondering if you received them yet.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Sorry Jodi, I forgot to let you know. I received the dresses the other day. They are sooooo cute. The girls absolutley love wearing them around the house.

Now I have to have the fleece coats!!! I'll be PM'ing you.

The cool vest you made for the pitt bull was a HUGE hit!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Sep 16 2005, 12:59 PM
Sorry Jodi, I forgot to let you know.  I received the dresses the other day.  They are sooooo cute.  The girls absolutley love wearing them around the house.

Now I have to have the fleece coats!!!  I'll be PM'ing you.

The cool vest you made for the pitt bull was a HUGE hit!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100278
[/QUOTE]

Great! I hope it fit him ok. I am not very experienced for fitting the larger breeds, but I put it on my golden retriever and it looked good.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey has the step in harness. I received the pink one from Jodi the other day. I was so excited to finally find a pink one instead of red or blue.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the great ideas! I could really go on a spending spree--I want one of everything! I love the photo of Summer in her dress!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Does anyone use a harness dress or harness vest? I'm curious about how well they work. They look like they would be more comfortable than a regular harness, so I'm tempted to get one. Also, what about step-in harnesses? Are they more comfortable than a regular harness? Dolce pulls on the leash so much when I'm walking her that I'm afraid her regular harness puts too much pressure on her neck.[/B]
I use harness dresses on Kissi all the time. The one's I make not only have velcro...but also have a nylon strap w/quick-snap buckle at the neck and waist. I worry that the velcro might get caught on something and come undone. We sell them on our website but do not have the pics up yet (coming soon...as soon as I can get my daughter to add them:)

Kissi's mom

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Matilda has a few, I make sure that the velcro is the wide kind. I haven't had a problem, I buy hers on ebay, but I am going to make some. I also have a vest for Muffy he weighs 28lbs, works great.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts