Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which to buy for Bijou's car seat the harness or the vest. I think that at almost two pounds a vest might be more secure but I am not sure about the velcro attachment. I am afraid that it would pull her hair and I don't want it to be an unpleasant experience. I think that the vest might be less likey to cause treacha damage just in case she decides to jump. I have been going over this in my mind for weeks and I really need your help.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think most of us on here have the type of car seat that is like a little box you set them in, but I might be confused about exactly what you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have the carseat. Lacey has the step in harness, doesn't go around her throat just her two front legs and wraps around her back. The carseat is like a box and has a clip that I attach to her harness. She loves going for rides. She can sit in her carseat and look out the window. When she gets tried she lays down in it and takes a nap. I like the carseat, no jumping around the car and no jumping up trying to balance on her back legs to look out the window. I can even have the window down and not worry about her jumping out or getting hurt.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I looked at car seats for Lady and although they are cute, a safety harness designed for car travel really is much safer. (The safest thing is a crate) They are designed to work with your car seat belt. Most of the car seats use the car seat belt to hold the car seat in, not the dog. You can use a small dog bed or pillow to elevate them a bit if you like.

I got the Easy Rider harness for Lady. Petsmart carries them.

http://shop.petsmart.com/product/253437430...24441778123.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts