Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. Right now I have Lexi using a step-in harnes. I orginially was using the type of harness that has the circle thing on the chest. Well Lexi REALLY did not like that because I had to take it over her head to get it off. Talk about pissed of puppy! :lol:

Well, when Lexi gets out of this whole chewing phase (praying she does someday) I would like to get her a cute harness. Problem is I am having a hard time finding some. The pet stores don't carry them and the ones I find on the internet are the kind that go around the neck. The whole reason why I am using the harness is because I don't want anything around her neck. So if it goes around the next does it not defeat the purpose of having a harness?

Does anyone know where I can get a step-in harness that is not a plan old nylon one? Or the one with the ring in the front?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Have I got the place for you! I forget who posted it, Nichole maybe, but check out www.dinkydawg.com

They have the absolutely cutest vest harness! I wish I had a little girl for the sundresses and sunbonnets, too.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pico's Parent: Thanks for the link! Those are really cute. I really like the vests, coats, raincoats, and bathrobes. <_< Maybe you shouldn't have given me that link. :lol:

I am thinking about getting one of the harness. Has anyone tried them? How do you "secure" it? Velcro? Does it really hold?

Sorry I just have this vision of me pulling Lexi away from something and the harness coming off of her as she procedes to run away. :wacko: Dang I need to stop worrying about everything!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i went to a pet fair around here and they had little vests---they had velcro. i didnt test it out....but i heard the seller tell a customer to make sure the dog knows how to walk on a leash nicely without pulling. and it was like 90 degrees out....so that was another reason to not buy one.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 2 2004, 10:23 AM
I am thinking about getting one of the harness.  Has anyone tried them?  How do you "secure" it? Velcro?  Does it really hold?
I'm also thinking of getting one for the girls. I was checking out their website and it says:
"The harness closes with strong velcro straps so it stays secure
and is easy to put on and take off in a hurry."
"If you prefer to have the vest lined in satin or if you prefer snap closures instead of velcro, see shopping cart button below."

hope it helps.....those harness are adorable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts