Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daisy prefers a harness, I have one but causes matts under her legs.
I usually put a wool coat on under the harness to try and stop this but the weather is getting warmer now and the coat is not really necessary.

Is there a type of harness tried and tested that wont do this.

Any suggestions grateful..

Wasnt sure if I should put this under grooming, but it sort of relates to grooming.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I find that only a show lead is gonna do the trick for us......haven't found a harness yet that I could let Pepper wear for more than a few minutes before it tried to mat things up.

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
There's a member on Yorkie Talk who sells silk step in harnesses that get rave reviews. She doesn't have much of a website, but I am sure she can send you pictures if you email her.

FoxyPups - Yorkie Yummies - Yorkie treats

Marj, does she get raves from maltese owners as well as Yorkie owners?

I find yorkies hair is so much easier to manage......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure, Pat. I know at one time Jodi/Chloebella posted a link to her website here so maybe some SM'ers bought her harnesses?
I have a few harnesses from Cindy and love them!!

I really prefer the Buddy Belts though. When Mitzy was in full coat it was a life saver when it came to mats!! I just cut her down :smilie_tischkante::bysmilie: (long story short were moving and I couldnt keep up with it) but I plan on growning her out again and the BB's are just amazing. They are a bit expensive (ok really expensive) but SO worth it!! I actually got two I loved the first one so much :w00t:

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I just ordered a silk step in harness from k9closet.com, they make them to order and you pick color, contrasting color and you can have a name monogramed. They are a little pricey but very pretty.

Generally I use a show lead and it works nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.