Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy prefers a harness, I have one but causes matts under her legs.
I usually put a wool coat on under the harness to try and stop this but the weather is getting warmer now and the coat is not really necessary.

Is there a type of harness tried and tested that wont do this.

Any suggestions grateful..

Wasnt sure if I should put this under grooming, but it sort of relates to grooming.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I find that only a show lead is gonna do the trick for us......haven't found a harness yet that I could let Pepper wear for more than a few minutes before it tried to mat things up.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
There's a member on Yorkie Talk who sells silk step in harnesses that get rave reviews. She doesn't have much of a website, but I am sure she can send you pictures if you email her.

FoxyPups - Yorkie Yummies - Yorkie treats

Marj, does she get raves from maltese owners as well as Yorkie owners?

I find yorkies hair is so much easier to manage......

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Marj, does she get raves from maltese owners as well as Yorkie owners?

I find yorkies hair is so much easier to manage......
Not sure, Pat. I know at one time Jodi/Chloebella posted a link to her website here so maybe some SM'ers bought her harnesses?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure, Pat. I know at one time Jodi/Chloebella posted a link to her website here so maybe some SM'ers bought her harnesses?
I have a few harnesses from Cindy and love them!!

I really prefer the Buddy Belts though. When Mitzy was in full coat it was a life saver when it came to mats!! I just cut her down :smilie_tischkante::bysmilie: (long story short were moving and I couldnt keep up with it) but I plan on growning her out again and the BB's are just amazing. They are a bit expensive (ok really expensive) but SO worth it!! I actually got two I loved the first one so much :w00t:

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
You might want to try the ones that are rolled instead of just flat. You can probably find them at your local doggy boutique or Crystal might have them also.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I just ordered a silk step in harness from k9closet.com, they make them to order and you pick color, contrasting color and you can have a name monogramed. They are a little pricey but very pretty.

Generally I use a show lead and it works nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts