Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking for harnesses that will not pull on maltese hair... Are there any brands that you would recommend? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I got Pico's from PetsMart but he is in a puppy cut and I only put it on him when I am going to leash him or put him in his car seat so I can clip him to the seatbelt.

He was so little as a puppy I got a cat harness for him until he outgrew it then I got a dog harness.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

The ones they have are from Petsmart but the groomer told me I needed to switch to a different type that would not rub on their hair and break some of it. I've been doing the same thing... taking it off when not going out.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I've been searching for the perfect harness, also. :new_Eyecrazy: I love the harness vest but they don't make them with a safety buckle at the neckline, just velcro & I just don't seem to trust that. I'm not sure if the vest harness prevent matting either, though. Not much help here ~ just wanted to let you know - you're not alone on your search!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quincymom and Nicole! Thank you so very much for those links!!! I guess it is time to measure their necks and bellies and place an order. The groomer did say the rolled leather would be best but the local petstores here only carry the leather collars not the harnesses. I would probably wait a bit to see if other experienced owners share their pointers on the harnesses.

I loved the pink harness with bow and diamond simulant too... But you know, lately I like black harness on maltese, it matches their nose and eyes! (that after getting pink and blue for them...! ha!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by maltx3@Oct 2 2005, 07:32 PM
I have been wondering if the "step in" harnesses are good.  Has anyone tried them?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=105538
[/QUOTE]

This is the one I use for Lacie. I only put it on her when she is going to be on a leash but she doesn't mind it at all and it is the easiest one to put on I have found. I think it is called the Comfort Step-in and I bought it at PetSmart. I got her the Black and a Blue one.
Dianne

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for your comments JMM and Dianne. I'll check out the PetSmart one since I can take Will in and try one on there.

JMM the harnesses you mention, the martindale collar/lead, are they suitable for a boy who likes to pull on his leash while you walk? Will is about 13 pounds so he is fairly big and quite strong.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have the step in type that is harness and leash and I love it. Its very easy to use. I bought Ruby Jean the pink one, but now I think I need a black one too.
You may have to try a few different ones and see which one you like the best. Right now Ruby Jeans hair is short but when it was longer I would immediately take off her harness because it did tangle her hair. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
This is a picture of the harness we use now. The other were just to complicted trying to figure out what part goes over the head and stuff. My husband alway got it wrong and it would take him 20 min to get it on the puppies.
So we got these ones,,, they are great all you do is put one front paw in each hole and buckel up. 2 min... They look great too , they are all leather and come in different colours. chelsey has a read one and chester has the black. They are the longest harness we have ever kept. We lost the others or chester got at them.

Buddy Belt

They sell them in the U.S as well.

By the way all those other harness listed are so cute. I have never seen those before.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just send me one of each and bill Paris Hilton!

So many choices! Thanks to all who shared!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts