Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!!! i finished the book.

it was good!! i liked it a lot. anyone else finish it?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i have literally just finised it like 20 minutes ago. I am feeling SADNESS for you know, A.D.

I am shocked that S.S. is really evil, and not truly what A.D. thought... I was totally willing to believe that AD is the only one that truly knows what is going on and SS is just acting to Voldermort on AD's orders...

How about the way the book ended? I hated it. It came to NO resolve and the fact is that Harry didn't really meet Voldermort in this book at all...

I felt this installment sucks. The story was still building until the last couple of chapters, and came the climax, then a very short fall to the bottom of the story.

What were your thought?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was a little shocked at what a dark turn the story took in the end. If I was a little kid, I think it would have upset me pretty badly. There was no "good conquering evil" theme here like there was in the prior books..so I'm hoping that the next one gives me the warm fuzzy feeling I am used to experiencing when I read Harry Potter. Cause I was pretty depressed and devastated at the end of this one.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I agree! JKR pretty much mapped out the last book for her readers. Harry is on his quest to find the last 2 Horuxces and then to take on Voldermort. I have a feeling she will kill off someone close to him again, you know, to keep us on our toes.

I keep thinking that Dumbledore would somehow return in one form or another... I am ruling out that he made a Horuxes of himself because it was considered a Dark Magic and I dont think he would use it...

But remember in Lord of the Rings, Gandalf returned because he had unfinished business? Hope the same happens here...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i THOUGHT that maybe snape and dumbledore have something up their sleeves. cuz:
1-dumbledore kept saying he knew snape and that he trusted him--no matter what harry said

2-he stunned harry at that last scene---PROBABLY knowing that draco couldnt kill him and that snape would do what he did

3-OH, when snape kept on telling harry "know how to say spells in your head and not outloud" i thought that was WEIRD.

i think dumbledore is going to come back.

and i think its gay that rowling tells the reader what harry is going to do in the next book. and that hermione is going to screw up her life to help harry. whats up with that??

and harry being noble and dumping ginny--that was stupid.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I thought the girl they have playing Fleur in the nxt movie "Goblet" is not as pretty as the book described her to be...

she was a rather plain looking blonde girl... whats up wiht that?!

Yes- I hate that we already can see whats going on with the next book already. Perhaps she would shock readers worldwide by lettting Voldermort win at the end instead of the good force.

Interested in seeing how McGonagall will be as a head mistress. she's not as powerful as Dumbledore is...

Severus is the Half Blood prince. who wouldve thUNK that!

Whats the connection with neville? Why was people suspecting him to be the prophecy? Did I miss something? enlighten me

·
Registered
228 Posts
Neville was the only other possibility for who the prophecy could have been about.
There were only two babies which matched the prophecy - Harry and Neville, both because of when they were born and because of the parents (I think they both defied Voldemort three times?? - I forget the details).

When LV attacked Harry as a baby he transferred some of his own abilities as a result and made it a self-fulfilling prophecy that Harry would be the one who could fight against him.
I guess that if he had chosen Neville, it could have been him?? Also perhaps if he hadn't done anything about the prophecy at all it would never have been fulfilled at all and LV would have no possible destroyer at all?

I am kind of depressed at the ending as well. I don't think AD will necessarily return, but it would at least have been nice to not only have his portrait appear in the office, but also to speak from it - maybe continue leading the Order from there??

I feel a sense of anticlimax, like we've been left hanging - I feel like I need to read the next book NOW - wonder how long it'll take to come out? Probably well over a year....

Also is just me or does it seem possible that Harry himself could be one of the Horcrux's as he did inherit a bunch of Voldemorts powers and the book said LV had only found 6 of the 7 Horcrux by the time he killed Harry's parents?
Maybe I am getting carried away, but it would seem to fit into the whole 'only one of them can live' thing.
Anyone else think this or am I letting my imagination run away with me??

Agree the SS thing could have been planned by AD, but really not sure on that one - we'll have to see!

Anyway, really enjoyed the book and almost sad that I have finished it!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Vikki and Audrey@Jul 24 2005, 05:05 PM
Neville was the only other possibility for who the prophecy could have been about.
There were only two babies which matched the prophecy - Harry and Neville, both because of when they were born and because of the parents (I think they both defied Voldemort three times?? - I forget the details).

Also is just me or does it seem possible that Harry himself could be one of the Horcrux's as he did inherit a bunch of Voldemorts powers and the book said LV had only found 6 of the 7 Horcrux by the time he killed Harry's parents?
Maybe I am getting carried away, but it would seem to fit into the whole 'only one of them can live' thing.
Anyone else think this or am I letting my imagination run away with me??

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84114
[/QUOTE]

i agree, i wish dumbledore was talking from the portrait. and you have a GREAT memory. i dont remember all that stuff. i just thought that him and neville were the same age or something...but i guess that wouldn't have made sense cuz ron is his age too. LOL

and harry being a horcrux makes sense!! i cant wait till the next book comes out. i think she said it was going to be her last. but people at work think that she might come out with other books as harry potter as an adult or something.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I JUST finished it-I'm depressed beyond words.
I expected the Snape thing. I expected Malfoy to be a coward, I expected harry and Ginny together...I didn't expect such a great loss. I didn't expect the next book to not involve Hogwarts....

I know things must progress, but darnit-I don;t have to like it!!!!

My daughter keeps asking who died-I can't even tell her-she needs to read the Order of the Phoenix first-she's on Goblet now. (She's 8...it takes her awhile!)

I enjoyed most of the book(Won-won-
-I cracked up everytime I saw that!!)-But I had to force myself to get through the last few chapters.

Well, back to waiting for the next book.......

·
Registered
493 Posts
I couldn't help but look at this because I thought everyone would STILL be reading it and talking about what was happening - and now I know the ending!!!
I'm only up to Chaper 9!!!! (I only got it yesterday)

I AM SO STUPID

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by Sunshine@Jul 25 2005, 07:55 PM
I couldn't help but look at this because I thought everyone would STILL be reading it and talking about what was happening - and now I know the ending!!! 

I AM SO STUPID 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84424
[/QUOTE]

omg!!!! Sorry SOrry sorry!!!! Well, just read it carefully and provide any hints to the next book that we may have missed.

sorry~

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Anyone else re-reading the book?

I think I am re-reading the Order of Pheonix. and the Half Blood prince. I hope to dig up more clues.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i BARELY read books---i didnt start reading non-school books till i started reading harry potter. and then i started reading childrens books.
lol.

you probably read fast, huh? to be able to re-read. i also get bored, like as though i have ADD.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom+Jul 25 2005, 10:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Sunshine
@Jul 25 2005, 07:55 PM

I AM SO STUPID 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84424

omg!!!! Sorry SOrry sorry!!!! Well, just read it carefully and provide any hints to the next book that we may have missed.

sorry~
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84489
[/B][/QUOTE]

Nah don't apologise - it's my fault for being a sticky beak! LOL Actually, it has it's pluses knowing the ending, because now I'm reading looking for the clues to it all...
And I haven't enjoyed it any less :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts