Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I cannot believe how long it has taken to get this garbage off the market. These Hartz products are extremely dangerous!

Just an example, one time Holli picked up some fleas while we were at the lake on the weekend. I picked up one of the Hartz collars and put it on her. Luckily for me I noticed within like 5 minutes her body was on FIRE. Of course I removed it immediately. I asked my vet about that and he told me that they are really strong basically- and maybe some other things but I was too upset to remember. I have heard more than once that they shouldnt be used.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
yep we actually bought them too when the puppies had fleas a while back... The vet told us to put them in the vacume cleaner as that was all they were good for .. She it can make small dogs really sick and kill your cats. I was in so much sock. i could not belive they sold it in the stores.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have also heard about this. My vet has a big bucket on their counter with Hartz products in it with a Big X across it and it says "NOT SAFE". I'm always afraid of things like this when it comes to putting them on my pets. We've never used Hartz on Tucker, but we had used it on our cat. Hmmm, maybe thats why he ran away

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry that is so large,I forgot to resize it.My vet is giving the information away to let ppl. know about it. The vet said Hartz should be sued,its very dangerous and sooo many ppl. are not aware
Im so glad Ive never used anything except but what Ive gotten form the vet. Please pass this information along to others.Ppl. trying to save money by buying these products are lossing their beloved pets,or making them very ill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts