Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 17 2005, 03:00 AM
I want to buy a Toni Brattin hairpiece for my mom for Christmas, but I have never ordered anything from HSN or anything like this before.  Can anyone give me feedback?  Thanks!
Toni Brattin Hairpiece
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120510
[/QUOTE]
My mother, who has beautiful silver gray hair, wears these all the time. She loves them and they really do blend well with her hair. She loves them for travel because she can "do" her hair without much fuss.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I konw nothing about this brand but I do have a lot of experience with hairpieces....and this is jmo from my experience and again has nothing to do with this brand.

Personally I do not like synthetic hair. It gets dry and frizzy fast. You can not put heat to it or it will melt. When you wash it it will lose some of its curl and have a frizz to it. The best thing to do if this happens is to wash it with anti frizz shampoo such as Frizz-ezz or Sleek Style by Matrix...comb...let air dry then take small sections spray it with Pledge roll it on a sponge roller let set about 48 hours and unroll and style.
Synthetic hair when attached to a larger clip can be very hair and if you have fine or thing hair or even just straight hair that "crawls" it will not stay in very well.

Personally I prefer to only deal with Real Human Hair. I love the Real Hair Collection. It is a little pricer but will last for a long long time if taken care of it can be washed and dryied like normal hair..can be hot rolled, flat ironed and everything. it looks and feels real because it is real. They come in numbered shades to match your real hair...they can even be taken to the beauty shop and have died to match. I have had highlights put in them and had the entire thing died also. They are lightweight and do not make your head sweat as bad or itch.

They come in several diffent styles.

Ok so I will explain how i know so much and please don't freak out lol..my nieces whom I am extremely close to do beauty pageants and to protect thier own hair from all the damage they wear "fake" hair but onlywear real hair hair pieces. They have falls...there is mini fall and long fall. they are on a small "cap" like thing that you put on your head and mix the top of your hair into with it...they have cascades. I have one of these also...it fits on top of your head and makes a gorgeous "up" do...they have pig tails...mini wiglets which are like cascades only smaller.

Sorry if i have rambled I just love real hair over synthetic. and real hair pieces don't have a "look I'm fake" look to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts