Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oh no!
I so happened to read the 'Dog Injured by Petco Groomer' and it was a 3 month old maltese...
poor baby!!
Man, who and where can you trust now days?!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
This is one of the reasons I opt to do Brinkley's trimming myself.
The two times I have taken him to the groomer, I have stayed...the first one thought it was odd...we didn't go back to her. The second one didn't care at all that I stayed.
You would think with the "glass windows" that things like that wouldn't happen when the whole public-not just the owner-can watch.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I emailed the website to all of my pet oening friends...never knew about what was happening. It's just negligant.

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Omg, I hadn't heard about that. Sooooo terrible. Although I do remember my hamster in first grade dying like two days after I got her from wet tail, this disease rodents get when they're living in unsanitary, packed conditions.. But anyways, I won't be shopping there anymore!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Thats AWFUL>>>IVE never seen any problems with the Petco here.BUT at Petsmart I did observe and turn in one of their groomers one time.SHe was grooming a dog and mishandeling him,talking to a co-worker and jerking a comb through the poor things hair..not even watching what she ws doing,she was so busy talking.I felt so bad for him.He was trying so hard to get away from her...you could tell he was in pain. I told them I wish I knew how to get ahold of the owner so I could make them aware of how her baby was being handled. I was very pleased when the manager went right in there and told her she was fired on the spot

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow-good for you--I wonder if the owner found out--perfect reason why I'd NEVER leave Ruby Jean with someone I didn't know for sure--thats really shameful--she must of not realized that people can ACTUALLY SEE in that window!! Or maybe she didn't care.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Good for you! If I was the owner of that dog, I'd have been honored to shake your hand. Too bad management wasn't as watchful, but at least they did the right thing.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, i've read the peta site. i ALSO sent a pic to peta saying "we wont eat iams" or whatever and they were pictured in Animal Times!!!! i'll have to look for that thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know this is an old thread and all but the petco near my home have chocked the dogs while grooming them, not to cause death but apparently the owners that went to pick they dogs up noticed the dogs were hung too high and tight while being groomed and they've lost at least two days within the last 3 years.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've used petco grooming here for 8 years--with various dogs--I've never had an issue and the groomers there are very nice...maybe it's a spotty issue? Some people are naturals and some are just in it for the $$ and really don't care? just my thought....

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I just wanted to say don't rely on PETA so much, they have their own issues..Abuse has also been documented by their own organization too..

Thanks,
Andrea~

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bailey and I have just had a HORRIBLE experience at a Petsmart groomer and am never going back there again. First off... I don't know what they were thinking cutting his fur the way they did... he looked so funny afterwards but more troubling is the way he's been shaking and acting so skittish all the time since Monday!!!

I am soo angry at them and called to complain but doubt it will do any good!
He's been always checking his butt cause I think the way they buzzed him, they irritated that area. But it brakes my heart how he is shaking all the time... even when he's sitting by my feet when I am getting ready for work in the morning... I bend down to pet him and notice he is shaking while looking up at me.
He's never done that before!!! I keep trying to comfort him and say its ok but don't know what else to do.

You would think with that glass window that they would be fine BUT who knows what goes on in the back where they get washed and such!!! How could anyone hurt these defenseless little angels!?!

·
Registered
325 Posts
werid... um... maybe its cause its a new petsmart but the people at petsmart grooming are real nice.
the one i go too seem very nice. and i always request for this one young girl name britteny she does such a beautiful job and she is always honest with me. but then again~ before donbi goes in, im always like DO NOT CUT ANY HAIR ON TOP I AM TRYING TO GROW IT OUT... im sure they are all like darn this asian lady is psycho! but its okay i make sure she fully understands what i want and how i want donbi's haircut. I notice'd donbi does shake but man when im sitting there watching her cut donbi and always saying awww what a beautiful girl til the end, i think the only reason why she shakes is because she hates being in a new enviroment. (we only went 2 times now). usually i would never take donbi to petsmart only because of the horrible stories i have heard from friends (trust me the one in springfield virginia im not fond of). but this girl listens to me so GOOD! i am so happy I tell her to use a certain shampoo she doesnt mind. I tell her DONT CUT NOTHING ON TOP she doesnt even cut the nose the bangs nothing... I tell her jus a trim she gives her a trim i tell her jus a little off the butt she does it. I think Im' in love! honestly I love her so much I tip her 20 bucks everytime we go.
Im so in love with my groomer she rocks! and I honestly think its not the grooming salon places like petco and petsmart or any other places that we should judge i think its the groomer. I used to take donbi to just fur pets. man they charged me a bundle like 75 bucks and i heard from so many people its the best place in my area but!!!! I have to put my feet down. I get lucky with one groomer there whos excellent. but the rest are ALL BAD! *thumbs DOWN* one cut the side of donbi's eyes, other times its a cut on her leg
, and trust me they speak better english then me I TELL THEM NOOOOO CUT on the face or top... but what they do? they give her bangs
and trim her.
also, i just like to say... I LOVE MY GROOMER if anyone is near gainesville virginia let me know i tell you the info.
ps sorry if i dont make any sense in my post.
i am hungry and stuck at work

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bailey and I have just had a HORRIBLE experience at a Petsmart groomer and am never going back there again. First off... I don't know what they were thinking cutting his fur the way they did... he looked so funny afterwards but more troubling is the way he's been shaking and acting so skittish all the time since Monday!!!

I am soo angry at them and called to complain but doubt it will do any good!
He's been always checking his butt cause I think the way they buzzed him, they irritated that area. But it brakes my heart how he is shaking all the time... even when he's sitting by my feet when I am getting ready for work in the morning... I bend down to pet him and notice he is shaking while looking up at me.
He's never done that before!!! I keep trying to comfort him and say its ok but don't know what else to do.

You would think with that glass window that they would be fine BUT who knows what goes on in the back where they get washed and such!!! How could anyone hurt these defenseless little angels!?![/B]

i hope bailey gets better <3

·
Registered
153 Posts
i hope bailey gets better <3
[/B]
We usually go to the Petsmart on the east side of town but couldn't get an appointment last weekend so we tried the one on the west side... NEVER going there again!!!

By no means am I saying all Petsmart groomers are bad... it does depend on the individual groomer or store management. Bailey is just so shaken that it will be hard to let him get groomed by anyone outside our home... its just hard cause certain things are difficult for me to do cause of an injury I have had years ago and my hubby is away a lot (military) so every 2 months or so we go to the groomers. I do some maintenance in-between. He didn't have any problem with the lady the times before last... so in the future I will request her and wait for an opening instead of going else where... AND I will remain in the store the full 2 hours and watch. I couldn't last weekend cause we were in the middle of painting our bathroom.

Anyways... lesson learned...

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
werid... um... maybe its cause its a new petsmart but the people at petsmart grooming are real nice.
the one i go too seem very nice. and i always request for this one young girl name britteny she does such a beautiful job and she is always honest with me. but then again~ before donbi goes in, im always like DO NOT CUT ANY HAIR ON TOP I AM TRYING TO GROW IT OUT... im sure they are all like darn this asian lady is psycho! but its okay i make sure she fully understands what i want and how i want donbi's haircut. I notice'd donbi does shake but man when im sitting there watching her cut donbi and always saying awww what a beautiful girl til the end, i think the only reason why she shakes is because she hates being in a new enviroment. (we only went 2 times now). usually i would never take donbi to petsmart only because of the horrible stories i have heard from friends (trust me the one in springfield virginia im not fond of). but this girl listens to me so GOOD! i am so happy I tell her to use a certain shampoo she doesnt mind. I tell her DONT CUT NOTHING ON TOP she doesnt even cut the nose the bangs nothing... I tell her jus a trim she gives her a trim i tell her jus a little off the butt she does it. I think Im' in love! honestly I love her so much I tip her 20 bucks everytime we go.
Im so in love with my groomer she rocks! and I honestly think its not the grooming salon places like petco and petsmart or any other places that we should judge i think its the groomer. I used to take donbi to just fur pets. man they charged me a bundle like 75 bucks and i heard from so many people its the best place in my area but!!!! I have to put my feet down. I get lucky with one groomer there whos excellent. but the rest are ALL BAD! *thumbs DOWN* one cut the side of donbi's eyes, other times its a cut on her leg
, and trust me they speak better english then me I TELL THEM NOOOOO CUT on the face or top... but what they do? they give her bangs
and trim her.
also, i just like to say... I LOVE MY GROOMER if anyone is near gainesville virginia let me know i tell you the info.
ps sorry if i dont make any sense in my post.
i am hungry and stuck at work
[/B]

Wish I had of realised you are in Northern VA when I was up that way, we could have met.

enJOY!
Melanie

I was checking out the PETA site and came across some bad news about PETCO.
www.petcocruelty.com Has anyone else heard or read about this?[/B]

ODD, when I tried to look at that web site I got this message:

<H1 id=term1 style="FONT: 13pt/15pt verdana; COLOR: black">You are not authorized to view this page</H1>You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.petcocruelty.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

<H2 id=errortextcode style="FONT: 8pt/11pt verdana; COLOR: black">HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer</H2>

What did I do to them? Hmmm perhaps they know I would NOT love some of their stories?

Melanie

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would not trust a word PETA writes.[/B]
Brit, I am with you and Andrea/Nemo's Mom on this. PETA has a lot of issues and has not proven itself to be a reliable unbiased source of information on any number of occasions in the past.

It would be very nice if there was a reliable watchdog group in their place that doesn't carry the kind of baggage they do, because they have handicapped their mission with their damaged credibility.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
when i worked at petsmart, this lady brought in her pomeranian and asked how we dry the dogs. and i told her about the force air dryer and the cold air kennel dryer. then she told me about how she knew someone who had a pomeranian and the lady took her dog to petco and the dog died from the hot air kennel dryer. i freaked out.

at petsmart, we always offered water and had kennel timers that went for a max of 15 minutes AND..there was always someone back there watching the dogs. i hate how people are irresponsible and i feel sooo bad for that little dog.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts