Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question in my thread about Bailey being sick but there are so many posts (thanks so much everyone!) that I thought I would ask this question in a separate thread.

Has anyone ever heard of Dyne?

Because Bailey hasnt been eating for the past few days since he's been sick and after his exploratory surgery, a friend of mine recommended Dyne to me. She is a show breeder of Aussies here in VA and she watched Bailey for me when I'm out of town. She said she uses Dyne for dogs who arent eating.

Have any of you ever used it or know anything about it?

Any idea if it is okay to give it with Pedialyte (the only thing I could think of is that maybe his sugar intake would be too much).

Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
I've never heard of it so I can't help. I just wanted to tell you I'm keeping Bailey in my prayers. I've just learned he's been sick. I'm sorry Nida.
Hugs to both you and Bailey.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Elaine! Doesnt seem like anyone has heard of it here. It seems to be helping Bailey and I had it checked out by the vet too. I probably won't have to use it for long now as Bailey started eating on his own, thankfully, but it sure was helpful to get some calories in him when he wasnt!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes, a breeder once told me about it. She liked it because it was a combination of carbs and protein (unlike nutri cal which is mostly sugar)- and it's also very palatable.
I wish your precious Bailey a quick recovery:heart:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, a breeder once told me about it. She liked it because it was a combination of carbs and protein (unlike nutri cal which is mostly sugar)- and it's also very palatable.
I wish your precious Bailey a quick recovery:heart:
Thank you so much. That's great to know!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Nida I have bought Dyne before and went to look for the bottle to read about it before I posted but remembered I split it with another breeder and didn't keep the bottle. I bought it because I had a single puppy that wasn't able to nurse and I put a small amount in the formula.. I think it is high calorie. I have heard breeders keep it around for when puppies are weaned. But I am no expert on Dyne. Glad your Bailey is eating better. :aktion033:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts