Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you tried Sensa for weight loss? If so, please let me know if it worked for you.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
What is it? Never actually heard of it, but Archie needs to lose a lot of weight!!!!! ......so i'm listening.....:unsure:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I just looked it up. It indicates that it works by limiting your sense of taste and smell. :w00t::w00t: not my idea of fun. I actually think the opposite works better. To have foods rich in taste and texture to satisfy the brain, eaten slowly, But then what do I know??? Not something I would try.

Funnily enough my son ate something a few weeks ago that caused him to lose his sense of taste and smell. I can't remember what it was. He hated it. (it was unintentional)

P.S. Just googled, Lol. it turns out he got pine mouth lol. It is from eating pine nuts from some area, and everything tasted like aspartame for days afterwards.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I wonder too. I'm always scared of anything like that. Look how long many of the xenadrine and phen phen drugs were out there before they were found to be dangerous. They just pulled another one off the market recently and it wasn't out that long.

Makes sense that something would interfere w/ your sense of taste and smell,since those ofactories can make your salivate for whatever the source of that wonderful food scent is .
I know holding your nose to swallow liquid meds can help lessen the taste...can't smell it,does lessen ones ability to taste.

Personally I would avoid anything that inhibits the natural senses... Just me though.

Since my hysterectomy,I gain by osmosis,if I walk by a doughnut,it jumps on my *ss and absorbs through the skin and lives on my hips! Maybe there's a tie in between hysterectomies and pores large enough to let doughnuts in!

Seriously, the only thing that's worked for me,is drinking more water,ditching diet sodas. I drink only regular sodas,if I have to drink one,I find I don't crave as much if I drink regular instead of diet sodas. Diet sodas were giving me headaches and dizzy spells too,and I'd find my peripheral vision breaking up,it was really scary!

I began weight lifting when Al started 6 months ago. It's helped me loose 15 pounds,sure it took m longer to loose actual pounds on the scale than just dieting,but I feel better and my clothes are fitting looser...and I'm building bone density ...Important for us ladies...

Muscle burns more calories than fat does,50 calories an hour more,even at rest...plus it feels good to go to the gym once in a while and freak people out since I can now bench 125 lbs!

I don't need someone to load my 40 lb bags or dogfood into the car now!

No you don't bulk up and get big muscles,women don't have enough testosterone to bulk up,only male steroids can make women bulk up.

I eliminated almost all breads,still sneak a few,mostly in cereal.
I eat more fruits and veggies.

It's worth a try. I feel really good ,it helped my bad back and I'm starting to see my waist again...I knew it was under there someplace...

Talk to your doctor first though.

Hugs and health,Michelle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts