Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molly just threw up and normally it looks like a wetter version of her poo, but this time it was like white foam. She was chewing on some sticky tumbleweed stuff after our walk, I didn't even notice her picking anything up, and then began snorting like a pig. Then she spewed white foam 2x's. She's doing better, but I'm watching her like a hawk now. My husbands taking care of her now.

I feel like a horrible mother. How could I not have noticed her picking up this sticky thistle thing. She had so many stuck to her fur.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi. Kylee has done this but it's usually in the morning when we wake up. I asked someone..i think it was my trainer..about this and she said it was bile and it means that she has gone for too long without eating and the stomach acids are making her belly upset so she threw up and there was nothing in there so bile came out. So she suggested feeding her a little cookie or something right before bed to hold her over till the morning when she gets breakfast...has molly eaten recently? maybe she is hungry? i am sure there are others with much more accurate and precise answers but this was just my experience!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeha, its bile. the girls used to throw up a lot because they were never eating their dog food. that was when i decided to put them on a homecooked diet. they havent thrown up since.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Baby Gizmo use to do this. The vet told me that something could have upset his stomach or his dog food is not agreeing with him. So I just kept him on the food that he ate as a puppy and he is just fine. No more problems!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chilly did once and it was after he ate a couple of Honeycombs (the cereal) so I thought it might be because they were too sugary...??

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It's funny you should post about this...we are off to the vet in about an hour because Valletta has been vomiting white foam and yellow bile for the past few mornings. She has also been scratching at her ears. I cancelled an appt earlier this week because I thought she was ok. But now I feel really terrible because she just isn't feeling well today. If she's anything like kids, mine always threw up whenever they had an ear infection. I'll post when we get back.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Originally posted by Baby Gizmo@Sep 22 2005, 08:38 AM
Baby Gizmo use to do this.  The vet told me that something could have upset his stomach or his dog food is not agreeing with him.  So I just kept him on the food that he ate as a puppy and he is just fine.  No more problems!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102023
[/QUOTE]

we had an akita that use to do this when i was growing up. And i agree with the above, that's the same thing the vet told us.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope Valletta is doing well. Molly is fine now. I think she vomited cuz she ate some prickly thistles. I have been feeding her 3x's a day with snacks, up from 2x's with snacks. I noticed if I put less food in her bowl she will eat it all, but will not have seconds. Whereas before I loaded her bowl and she would eat less than what she eats now. Go figure. So now she has 3 small meals and lotsa chicken jerky... and whatever she picks off the ground

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
So glad Molly's feeling better! Don't give yourself a guilt trip about the thistle, these babies are quick and a girls gotta blink occasionaly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts