Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Bella had her teeth pulled, I cooked some liver and mixed it in with her kibble to encourage her to eat. That was too labor intensive when we were traveling for Christmas (as we were not at my house so I didn't want to cook) so I started to put about 1/2 TSP wet food in with her kibble and she eats it right up.

Will she ever eat dry kibble now that I have started this? I hate to think I did this to myself, but I really wanted her to eat just after her surgery. Any suggestions?

Nicolle

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 31 2004, 01:34 PM
Has she been given you problems since then?  Is she not eating her dry food?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26590
[/QUOTE]

She didn't want to eat the day after her surgery, but she started after I added the liver.

She is eating her dry food with something added to it, But I really want to keep her just on the kibble. I don't want to feed her too much so I decrease the kibble a little when I add the wet, but I would rather just give her the dry.

I have only 1 can left so I am going to taper if off this week and see if she will keep eathing the dry with just a tiny bit of wet. ARGH! The can food is not cheap and I hate that I am the one that started this! She is back to normal after her surgery so I am going to leave the dry down for her and she has to eat it b/c there will be no other options!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Both our furbabies get fresh cooked liver, chicken, or other meats with their dry food. We cook in batches and freeze in portions. It's not that much trouble.

Sylphide was a very finicky puppy--her breeder had started her on fresh boiled chicken breast, and Sylphide snubbed even that. We gradually mixed liver, fresh meats, and poultry with her kibble...and still do that for her. Sylphide now eats anything/everything, and eats all of her kibble as well as her fresh cooked food.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I used to mix canned with the dry,but our Vet. said to stop.They can become overweight with the can.He says a good quaility dry is all they need.I give snacks of carrots etc. still though. Just reduce the canned to nothing and she will eventually start eating her dry. She will not starve herself,so dont give in.I like to spoil them but want them to be healthy!Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts