Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 30 2004, 05:47 AM
I just signed up on www.ofoto.com because photobucket is getting all weird and limity.  BUT....I didn't realize until after I'd uploaded over 30 pictures AND wrote captions for each one that they don't provide URLS for them.....so I can't post them here.  I also can't just give an address.....I send an e-mail to someone in order for that person to view the pictures.

Does anyone else use ofoto and know how to get around this so I can show everyone here the pictures????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26254
[/QUOTE]

I don't use ofoto but in the future you may want to try Image Cave. I'm very happy with it. Image Cave

Hope you get the ofoto thing figured out.... I want to see pictures!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I use Imageshack-I don't ever store them, I just do one at a time when I want to post one in a message. It is quick and free. I think alot of using Smugmug-they can put captions and stuff, but I think you have to pay for it. I didn't want a site that I had to pay a fee for yet.
Good luck...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 30 2004, 08:17 AM
I use Imageshack-I don't ever store them, I just do one at a time when I want to post one in a message. It is quick and free.  I think alot of using Smugmug-they can put captions and stuff, but I think you have to pay for it. I didn't want a site that I had to pay a fee for yet.
Good luck...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26261
[/QUOTE]

I use smug mug. It is $29.99 for a year. I love it. If anyone is interested in it let me know. I can give you a coupon number to use. It will save you $5. If you want to see what its like check out my gallery (link in my signature).

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Dec 30 2004, 10:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Dec 30 2004, 08:17 AM
I use Imageshack-I don't ever store them, I just do one at a time when I want to post one in a message. It is quick and free.  I think alot of using Smugmug-they can put captions and stuff, but I think you have to pay for it. I didn't want a site that I had to pay a fee for yet.
Good luck...
I use smug mug. It is $29.99 for a year. I love it. If anyone is interested in it let me know. I can give you a coupon number to use. It will save you $5. If you want to see what its like check out my gallery (link in my signature).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26294
[/B][/QUOTE]

If you want to store them free try Image Cave.
There is no charge for their basic plan which gives space for tons of images. Just curious... if you don't store your images, then if someone clicks on an old post, then your image wouldn't be there... right?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 30 2004, 10:05 AM
Lexi's mom, I did try that.  It gave me an icon to click on which opened in a new window that did not show an address.

K/C's mom, I will do that next time I'm in the uploading mood.  I just don't feel like redoing all my work.  I hadn't known until it was too late that it didn't have the same functions as photobucket.  Grrrrr.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26303
[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is why I finally got mad and decided to pay. I just couldn't find a free one that had all of the features I wanted. I figured $29.99 is only $2.50 a month. Not bad when you think about it. Some of the ones that you pay for are $15 a month!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Dec 30 2004, 11:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DMZ dogs
@Dec 30 2004, 10:05 AM
Lexi's mom, I did try that.  It gave me an icon to click on which opened in a new window that did not show an address.

K/C's mom, I will do that next time I'm in the uploading mood.  I just don't feel like redoing all my work.  I hadn't known until it was too late that it didn't have the same functions as photobucket.  Grrrrr.....
Yeah that is why I finally got mad and decided to pay. I just couldn't find a free one that had all of the features I wanted. I figured $29.99 is only $2.50 a month. Not bad when you think about it. Some of the ones that you pay for are $15 a month!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26311
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, that price is really reasonable. I didn't know about features... like what sort of features do they have?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
if u rightclick on the image and go to properties you can get the url for the image..lets see if it works:

o well i guess they dont let u share them that way....very cute pics though! I love the captions

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 30 2004, 10:15 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 30 2004, 11:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DMZ dogs
@Dec 30 2004, 10:05 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26311

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that price is really reasonable. I didn't know about features... like what sort of features do they have?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26312
[/B][/QUOTE]

You can take a tour of the features.

Here is a webpage that has more info. Here is the price page.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i use www.pbase.com it is a lot like smugmug....i heard about both of them from a photograpghy forum i used to frequent. they both are great companies. w/ pbase i pay $23 for a year.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 30 2004, 10:00 AM
Could someone please follow this link and see if it works for them?

http://www.ofoto.com/MyOfoto.jsp?&

If it works, then after you click on the above link, click on the album that says Noodle and Cookie.  Then look at the list of links on the right hand side and click on slide show so that you can read all my witty captions. 

If this works, you are automatically signed in as me, so please don't delete or change anything!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26272
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was a wonderful slide show.... I loved your captions and your babies are so pretty... Noodle is a handsome guy but I have to say that Cookie is truly a looker... she is gorgeous... That was just the cutest....

Poor Cookie... yes she does look so pitiful with her legs bandaged like that... oh gosh... but glad she's on the road to recovery.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 30 2004, 11:01 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 30 2004, 10:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Dec 30 2004, 08:17 AM
Good luck...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26294

[/QUOTE]

If you want to store them free try Image Cave.
There is no charge for their basic plan which gives space for tons of images. Just curious... if you don't store your images, then if someone clicks on an old post, then your image wouldn't be there... right?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26301
[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know, I use it when I am posting the picture itself, not the link. I guess I would have to go back and look at past posts, but I guess the pictures are still there.

The otofoto is somewhat like the shutterfly account that I have, but I can't post pictures from there either. -_-

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 30 2004, 01:14 PM
I don't know, I use it when I am posting the picture itself, not the link. I guess I would have to go back and look at past posts, but I guess the pictures are still there.

The otofoto is somewhat like the shutterfly account that I have, but I can't post pictures from there either. -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26346
[/QUOTE]

Use Image Cave... everything I've posted on here has been hosted by them....and I haven't paid a cent.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts