Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyones routine is. I have a slim super athletic 5lb Maltese who could practically fly through the air if he wanted to, and an out of shape slightly overweight Morkie.

Im working constantly on getting his fitness up but it's tough because he's not very active and doesn't like to move a whole lot. I try to at least take them on one long walk everyday. I only go the distance i know he can make, otherwise ill be carrying him back, and each week i gradually take him a little further.

We also try to get to the dog park once a week. It's off leash, let them run loose.

I have a backyard that i let them out in multiple times throughout the day but they don't always do a whole lot more than walk around for a sec. I love them so much and sometimes I just feel like I don't provide enough activity for them.

They each have a Whistle go gps tracker, and whats cool about it is it monitors their activity levels, and health markers like scratching, drinking, sleep. Its literally like a fitbit for your dog which comes in handy if you have a dog that's naturally pretty lazy.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
My girls walk 1-1 1/2 miles 4 -5x a week. This isn’t enough compared to what they used to do. They seem to always seek for more walk time. It’s all what they are accustomed to, imo. I personally thinking any walk is better than nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My take my 11 mo pup on 2 mile walks daily. Have to say I was very surprised he needed so much exercise. They say Maltese are have moderate exercise needs. Ha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts