Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We thought that when we left that they probably slept all day.

How WRONG we were!

HOWLING HOWLING AND MORE HOWLING. Two little white fluffballs with their noses to the sky HOWLING! With black Spunky looking at them like they were crazy and barking at them.

They have choices to to curl up. Sofa, or comfty doggie bed on sofa, or recliner? Nope. They are all 3 are in the smallest doggie bed on the floor. They look like black and white stripes in the bed.

We can watch how cute they are when they realize that we are home.

That $40 was the a great purchase.

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
We have walked in on our girls they were fast a sleep next to one another :wub:
But I think Geneva might howl when I first leave, I can't be far from her before she howls:wub: I love it

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We have walked in on our girls they were fast a sleep next to one another :wub:
But I think Geneva might howl when I first leave, I can't be far from her before she howls:wub: I love it
I highly recommend getting one. We purchased the doggie cam on Amazon and it was less than $40. We can watch them and listen to them. We can also talk to them, but we don't because they go crazy. They even have one that throws out treats. That would be fun with one dog, but we imagined the aggression disaster of who gets the treats.

:angry:We now know who the poop eaters are!!!!!!!
:blink:We now know why the boys never pee on the puppy pad. They have all 4 feet on the pad, but raise their leg and pee off the pad.
:blink:What is really surprising is how long they howl. Not a few minutes, but HOURS!
:blush:I must admit. Watching them is addicting. :w00t:We are the crazy people who sit in a restaurant with their cell phones prompted up to see what they are doing.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nonny we are neighbors. I’m in TN. How did you connect your phone to the camera? Does your phone carrier do that for you and is it expensive to add it to your phone bill? I’m one of those inept modern technology people. :smpullhair: I need to adopt a teenager.

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
We got a camera from Costco that comes with an app where we can watch the house when we're not there, since we live in NYC. We've watched Tyler and whatever foster I have. For the most part all is pretty quiet. The phone has a movement and sound sensor and sometimes they walk around a bit, move to sleep in another place or if someone walks by they bark a little but luckily all quiet on the eastern front.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I've been watching everything I can on dog training videos that are on YouTube. One trainer I like is Victoria Stillwell. I bought her book. In it she says the two dog breeds known to be barkers ( I guess howling counts) are Maltese and Dachsunds.

My Molly (who passed 4 years ago) was a pedigree Maltese and wasn't noisy. She was my first so I thought all Maltese were quiet.

My present bit of fluff is a rescue. He's a Maltese Wana-be and is quiet in the house, except when someone comes to the door. The rescue group called him Whisper because he had been dumped with his brother when he shouldn't have left his mom. The vet couldn't save the brother and he was very, very ill. Rescue gal said they kept whispering to him not to follow his brother to the rainbow bridge so they decided to call him Whisper.

Well, nice name, but I sure learned fast that my yelling, "Be quiet, Whisper." Sounded really stupid. So I call him Whspy and that pretty much works as his hair is very whispy.

He is a very quiet dog, except for people coming to the door. I've tried training him to be quiet when I say quiet. And it works for a while and then he starts in again. I don't mind him telling me that someone is there, but when I let them in, you'd think he'd get the idea that they are welcome.

Oh, btw, a friend has a Maltese that is 8 years old and it will bark at everything so she uses a citronella collar on her. She swears by it. I'm hesitant to use anything like that, but she says it's the only thing that has controlled Her dog's barking. If your vet is okay with it, you might try that.

Lainie

Lainie

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We got the Wansview 1080p. It plugs in to electric and you link it to your wireless and your smartphone. I did it myself. I have no idea how. I just kept following directions. I got it to work on about the 20th attempt. I would add that if I got it to work, then anybody can do it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts