Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

HAVING A BAD DAY

946 views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Maltese Adora-Belle 
#1 ·
Sorry but I just feel like you are all family. I've had it. 12:30 this morning my daughter called crying (Kendra's Mom w new puppy). Her house was broken into and she was robbed and her husband is out of town She and the children are so very upset and frightened. They stayed here last night w/the new puppy. Now they are at a hotel. I just found Belle chewing on her back right foot. She has a pea size lump on the outside of her baby toe that is very sore and she doesn't even want us to touch it. I don't think it needs to be seen by a vet til Monday but I don't know what it could be. She doesn't run around outside. Possibly the puppy bit her as they were playing together and the pup did a lop of nipping. It doesn't look like that though. Bottom line is my skin kid baby girl even tho she is an adult is hurt and scared and my baby Belle is hurting. If Belle looks worse in the morning I guess it is the Emergency Clinic. Friday we found out that the Vet feels Belle is not over-stimulated. She has a more serious problem - like internal med or brain so she will be going back to UC Davis for more tests and evaluations. Sorry this is so long but I needed to ramble and I hope you don't mind. ~ Jackie

P.S. Belle had another episode of whatever where she just looses it and can't be calmed down on Thurs without any over-stimulation. It was just out of the blue like a light switch flicked in her brain and that fast she was just totally out of it. It took 8 hours and 4 teas of benedryl at different times to bring her down to where she slept. She was not herself again til yesterday evening. No playing, lethargic.
OK, I think I'm done.

See less See more
#4 ·
Jackie,
Sorry to hear about all of your troubles. Thank goodness that your daughter has a safe place to stay! I'm sure that the foot problem will be fine, but I'm sorry to hear about the "episodes". Keep us posted. We're all here for you!

#6 ·
I am so sorry to hear that so much is happening to you and your babies both fur and skin. It is so hard when just one of these things happen but two?
We are a family here and so if you need to vent go right ahead and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

#11 ·
Thanks Everyone. I feel much better today. Belle will go to the vet tomorrow as she won't let us look at her foot without trembling so it is obviously painful but it looks only slightly larger (the bump that is). The kids will feel much better I"m sure as soon as their Daddy returns Monday evening. Right now they just want to move but they will get over it. The only thing that cannot be replaced are the pictures of Kendra's Birthday Party from Oct. 1 this year. The camera with the film still in it was stolen. The other things that were stolen are material things and can be replaced. A special thanks to you Susan; for pointing me back in the right direction. In view of all you have been through, along with others and the Hurricane Katrina I feel a little foolish letting myself get so upset. We are so blessed, no one was home when this happened so they were not hurt and that's what really matters. Belle's episodes could very well be something minor and easily remedied. I will post on them though when I get any input from U.C. Davis.

#12 ·
Jackie,

I am so sorry that you feel so out of control...it is hard when we cannot stop the bad from happening to our skin and fur kids...no wonder you are feeling so low. Please know that my prayers are with both your daughter and grandchildren as well as little Belle...poor little girl, I hope the vet finds a quick solution to a simple problem.

#13 ·
I am so sorry you are all going through a bad time
I know what it feels like to have my place broken into, it happened a long time ago in an apt. I was renting. We moved, it really was not a good area and it was time to move on for us. I hope Belle will be OK, let us know how things are going with her
You are right about your daughter and family feeling better when Daddy gets home, it will be a big help to them. I hope things get better for your family and they can feel safe again
It just takes time and lots of

#14 ·
Jackie,
Hope all went well with Belle's visit to the vet. We all go through trials and tribulations in our lives and at the time that we are going through it, it doesn't seem trivial. I didn't take a hurricane as an attack on my person; a robbery would be so much more personal! The beauty of a board like this is that we can all feel better about our situation when we know that others support us and hope that things will be OK.
Susan

#15 ·
I'm so sorry you are going through that with your Belle. It's seems so much more frightening when the brain is involved, doesn't it?

Belle sounds the way Lady is after a seizure. With most epileptics, the post seizure stage doesn't last very long and they recover pretty quickly. Lady stays "stuck" in that stage and even though she has to be pumped full of Valium until she finally gets over the seizure episode, she also acts like a switch was flipped on and just paces and pants for days afterwards. The only way I can get her to relax at all is if I rock her in the rocking chair. It's horrible to watch, isn't it?

I'm glad you are taking Belle to UC Davis. I hope they have some answers for you.

#18 ·
Sorry Susan for the late post. I was out most of yesterday. Belle's foot is no longer sore and we can touch it, etc. The vet said it most likely was from the new puppy's bite since it wasn't sore any longer and had a little scab on it. Belle is going into the groomers tomorrow morning (at the Vet's) and they will look at it then just to make sure. Thanks for asking.`~Jackie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.