Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a small surgery on my foot tomorrow.
I have a "morton's neuroma"-if that means anything to anyone.
It is an inflamed/enlarged nerve in the top outer part of my foot b/w my last few toes. It has become VERY painful. I had a few injections to try to make it go away and it didn't help. Now we have to resort to this surgery. Just a local anesthesia-not knocked out.
Supposedly it is a small incision b/w my last two toes-clip the enlarged part of the nerve out-and "presto"-it is gone.
We will see! I can't walk long distances-even a trip to the grocery is miserable. I can't exercise, so my Curves money is being wasted. I am just ready to feel better! I am too active/busy to be in this much foot pain.
So anyway, please cross your fingers/say a prayer that all will go well. My seventh graders were giving crazy "what-if's" today.
"What if they accidently cut an artery and you lose a lot of blood?"
"What if they get you mixed up with someone else and amputate your foot?"
There were more! They are NUTS! I am apprehensive enough...I am a big baby when it comes to pain, although I pretend to be real tough.

Will check back in when I am able tomorrow night.
Hoping hubby will wait on me really well!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Sending prayers of good your way. I know it will all be fine.Just think of all the TLC hubby will be giving you(Wont last long so take advantage of it) LOL
Smooches & Hugs from me and my gang

·
Registered
514 Posts
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine. There's like a 7% chance that they'll do something wrong. You're a teacher?

Licks and Cuddles from Tyler!(And a good luck from me!
)

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Good luck girl! Just remember there will be no pain after this! And girl, if you're only getting a local anesthesia and manage to have your foot amputated....

Seriously, I wish you well. Take care and have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Traci, you're going to be fine! They will not mess up, so just put that out of your mind. And, once you're up and around again, you're going to be amazed at HOW much better you feel. How your feet feel affects the way your entire body feels. Your gonna do great!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hope all went well with the surgery. You'll be so glad you had it done if you can be pain free!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I hope all goes well! It will be over before you know it!!
I'm sure you'll get LOTS of LOVE from both your hubby and your baby when you get home!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Apr 5 2005, 09:48 PM
So anyway, please cross your fingers/say a prayer that all will go well.

i know i am late but prayer said and fingers crossed, i have had 3 knee surgeries, i know how nervous you can get, our thoughts are with you, how did it go?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hope things went well! Enjoy the TLC and get well soon. Let us know how things went, we are all thinking of you.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks you all for being concerned! My family hasn't even called to check on me.

The procedure went fine. I was very anxious and cranky when I went in. I was STARVING and had a headache from he** b/c I could not have my 1/2 pot of coffee this morning.
My appointment wasn't until noon-so it had been a LONG time since I had anything to eat or drink!

Anyway, they got me RIGHT in.
They ended up giving me an iv drip that knocked me out. INSTANTLY! WOO_HOO!
I have terrible memories of my wisdom teeth when the local didn't take.
I told them that, so they gave me both the local and the drip. I was SO glad, b/c I was really nervous about the whole thing. Everyone was SO nice and friendly. I LOVED that part!

It is wrapped/dressed and hurts pretty badly tonight. I am supposed to keep it elevated/iced and take it easy today and tomorrow. Friday I have to go back to have the stitches and dressing checked. I have some pain meds that help with the aching/throbbing. Hopefully that will stop by tomorrow. I don't like to take them.

Hubby and the kids are being good about waiting on me...but not too great on supervising Brinkster.
He got into an unattended bowl of canned ravioli tonight and got it on his head. He had to have a very hard scrub with the rinseless shampoo. Canned ravioli stains SO badly.
I was NOT pleased.

Anyway, thanks again for being concerned. Sure wish my family was.
I guess maybe they just forgot it was today or something. It was a HUGE deal, but it still would have been nice for them to have called. Several people from church have called too. They remembered.

I will check back in tomorrow with an update.
Big hugs to all my SM friends.!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Whew! So glad you did well.
Sorry that you're in pain, but keep it elevated and iced.

Isn't it awful when your family forgets something important? This year everyone except my husband forgot my birthday (includes 2 kids and a mother). I think I pouted for an entire day.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts