Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go to New York on business Sunday through Tuesday and then the next week to a conference in Orlando Sunday through Wednesday..... It is killing me thinking of leaving my babies..... I don't travel that often for business but this month it is two trips back to back......I'm such a home body... I hate to travel. The only thing keeping me "up" about the New York trip is that the hotel is a five minute walk to the main Bloomingdale's, which is my #1 all time favorite store. I have even dreamed about that store....more than once!

I did hire an extra pet sitter though... I have one that will come several times during the day and then another one who will sleep here. I still worry... I told them not to pick either of them up.... for fear of them jumping out of their arms. There are so many things to worry about! I wonder what they'll think with someone else in the house and in my bed, etc. The sitter won't dress here or anything... she'll come at 7:00 pm and leave at 5:30 a.m. and then other sitter will arrive at 6:00 a.m. The one who will sleep here is someone I have known for about 15 years... she used to sit for Rosebud and even sat with my Mom! So at least I know she is trustworthy... but still......

So anyway, I will not be on SM much until Wednesday and then the next week, pretty much the same deal.....

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sounds like you have it covered! They'll do fine.

Enjoy Bloomies! Orlando has a really nice new mall too: Millenium or something like that. It was gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Have a great trip! I have been traveling frequently for work lately, and I usually just can't wait to get home to be with them. Fortunately, I have built in babysitters with my husband and son. But they sure miss their Momma

Happy shopping :D

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by msmagnolia@May 13 2005, 10:05 PM
Sounds like you have it covered!  They'll do fine. 

Enjoy Bloomies!  Orlando has a really nice new mall too:  Millenium or something like that.  It was gorgeous.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62258
[/QUOTE]

I probably won't get to even leave the hotel in Orlando. I'm going to a conference and will be in "classes" all day for three days.... no fun there!! Bummer!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm heading out shortly.... K & C know something is going on.... it's pitiful to see them all confused about why I'm taking stuff out of my closet, etc. It breaks my heart... oh well... I gotta be strong and get out of here... it's sooooo hard to leave them..... see ya Tuesday night......

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I know how you must feel
When I went to get Lamby ,that was the very first time I had EVER been away all night from Bailey & Kirbie
I was soooooooo worried about them (even though they were with Dad) But I think it was harder on me than them !! I LOVED the homecomeing I got !!!
Have fun if you can and dont worry too much! They will be glad to see thier Mom when you get home!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@May 15 2005, 01:10 PM
I'm heading out shortly.... K & C know something is going on.... it's pitiful to see them all confused about why I'm taking stuff out of my closet, etc. It breaks my heart... oh well... I gotta be strong and get out of here... it's sooooo hard to leave them.....  see ya Tuesday night......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62432
[/QUOTE]

Awwwww. They'll be alright. Just think of how happy they'll be to see their mommy when you return.

Sylphide just knows when I'm leaving on a work related trip when she sees my suitcase come out.
She starts preparing herself psychologically before I leave, and is usually moping around by the time I am leaving and refuses to say good-bye. But my hubby says she gets over it as soon as I am gone and goes back to playing and the usual routine. She is always manically happy to have me come home and all is forgiven

Try to relax and have fun!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww- I feel for ya! -_-

I am already dreading leaving Brink...

I am going to a Women of Faith Convention June 17-18. I will be gone two nights. I have never left him over night either. I will miss him, but I will be busy. I worry about him laying on top of the chair for two days waiting for me. Hubby said he is usually pretty mopey, just when I leave to go to the store.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Have a safe trip! Your babies will be fine. You've planned well, and provided good care for them in your absence.
Enjoy Bloomies (my favorite as well), but don't forget to bring K&C something back from NY!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am lucky enough to be able to take Tunny w/me for work travel. Most of my trips are goverment related so I am only in meetings from like 8-3pm. However, he went w/me last week to San Diego and I actually took him w/me to one meeting I had in our sister company's office.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, off I go again... Orlando for a business conference until Wednesday night.... so unless I can get to a computer somewhere I won't be on SM for a while.....

Hate to leave my babies again.....

See ya soon....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I hope you have a good and safe trip!!
We'll miss you while you're gone!!
Just think of the looks on Kallie and Catcher's faces when you get back!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Holliberry@May 25 2005, 08:20 PM
You should be home today? let us know how it went!

I might leave Phoebe for the weekend.  I am considering leaving her with her gram while we go open our weekend place.  Are you getting better at this?
  I might chicken out last minute...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65248
[/QUOTE]

Hi, yes I'm home and I AM SO GLAD TO BE HOME!!!!!! And "yes", I am yelling!!!

The trip was great.... one of the conference hotels was the Orlando World Center Resort and that's where my boss and I stayed.... Oh my... what a spectacular place.... they have the largest heated swimming pool in the state of FL..... it is about the size of a small lake.... with waterfalls, etc. It is the world's largest Marriott...2,000 rooms! I am exhausted from the trip... totally.... I did get to their spa last evening for a much needed facial and foot massage.... ahhhhh

At the conference I met and was at a roundtable discussion with the former VP of Trend, Design and Product Development at Target.... Robyn Waters... what a totally neat and inspiring lady... I learned so much from her! She has a great book out called, The Trendmaster's Guide .... anyone in the business of selling or designing products should get it. It's an easy read... I finished it on the plane ride home.

OK... now for the IMPORTANT stuff..... when I got home K & C went berserk... licking me and screaming and squealing..... I was screaming and squealing, too!!
I was sooo glad to see them. According to the pet sitters, they did just great.... They seem fine and happy and they look good, too. It is soooo hard to leave them and I missed them so much. I guess it was a little easier leaving them for this second trip than the first one to NY but this one was one day longer and that one day seemed like an eternity. I was counting the days and last night I was so happy that I would be home tonight. A trip where I don't see them for only one full day is bearable..... but two full days is tough.

OK.... I am so tired... The airport was a total zoo and it took us about 30 minutes to get through security .... Had to see Idol... now it is time to call it a day....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts