Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Christmas we were dating I hadn't even met his parents and it was so new I didn't end up getting them anything. Last year I made them a decorative wreath for their living room, this year I am STUMPED

I have no idea what to get them... Also, they live WAY in the upper peninsula, so I don't know them that well...a the while my boyfriend and I have been together I have actually only seen them 5 times! We have been up there together twice and his parents have come down here the rest. They are such nice people...but I have NO idea what to buy for them. My boyfriend (
) isn't that much of a help either... he also has no idea what to buy... AHHH!

HELP ME!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i think anything from william-sonoma or red envelope or pottery barn is your best bet. you can get them toffee or chocolate or something. but that its from williams sonoma....then you know its good quality.

good luck!!!

what are they're hobbies???

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I am the worst gift giver on earth so i wont be offended if you totally ignore what i say about this (i gave toothbrushes one year) but i think a good gift for people you dont know very well is any home good type item, when i really have no idea i buy candles lol

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 30 2004, 02:54 PM
Natalie, how long have you been dating?  I have known my hubby for 5 years and only seen his dad 5 times (first time I met him was at our wedding--okay sorry to digress)--LOL  and I like it that way!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19456
[/QUOTE]

We've known each other for 4 years, but we have only "officially
" been together for going on 2.

Originally posted by Lilly521@Nov 30 2004, 03:29 PM
I am the worst gift giver on earth so i wont be offended if you totally ignore what i say about this (i gave toothbrushes one year) but i think a good gift for people you dont know very well is any home good type item, when i really have no idea i buy candles lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19466
[/QUOTE]

hahahahhaa you gave toothbrushes??? That is so funny!

I really like the ornament idea, I think I just might do that. I love giving "home decor", but they are just so hard to buy for... great people... but every room in there house has like 4 John Deere things in it...
AH HA!!!!!!!!!1

Maybe I will get each of them an ornament... THANK YOU!!!!!!

One John Deere (hopefully with the year) and one for his mom!
I LOVE IT.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I like the idea of an ornament collection. Also try Lenox, Waterford balls, Fitz and Floyd, Radko.

I'm guessing these folks might be in my age group. What about a coffee gift basket from Starbucks? Or Popcorn Factory?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+Nov 30 2004, 04:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lilly521
@Nov 30 2004, 03:29 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19466
hahahahhaa you gave toothbrushes??? That is so funny!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19468
[/B][/QUOTE]

toothbrushes, rasors, soap, walmart gift card lol just the type of stuff people want

·
Registered
755 Posts
I agree with DMZ dogs. Frame your bf and your picure is a great gift for any parents. I did it that last year and it was hit! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts