Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my husband's great news with you all. Today he passed his thesis defense and will be graduating with a PhD in astrophysics from CalTech (California Institute of Technology)!! We are sooo happy!!
And I am soooo proud of him !!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by okw@May 18 2005, 04:16 PM
I just wanted to share my husband's great news with you all.  Today he passed his thesis defense and will be graduating with a PhD in astrophysics from CalTech (California Institute of Technology)!!  We are sooo happy!!

And I am soooo proud of him !!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63288
[/QUOTE]

A BIG! Congratulations to your hubby!!

And you have every right to be proud!

Missysmom

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
congrats to him!!! i'd make everyone call me Doctor!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
OMG! That is GREAT. Will he try and find a job in Nashville while you finish up? Your family should celebrate big this weekend!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone!! He is definitely one of smartest people I know. He already has a post-doc position at UC Berkley lined up on a fellowship.
He will stay for a month with me in Nashville but then he has to get back to California. I will only be in Nashville for 3 months because I can lots of electives at other schools

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I guess we'll have to refer to you both as Mr. and Mrs. Smarty Pants! Or should I say the Drs. Smarty Pants? What an accomplishment for both of you. I know this is going to sound very sexist and old fashioned, but behind every good man is a wonderful woman. Both of you have very impressive educations and I am sure that you both will go far in your careers. Best wishes for a very bright future.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
OKW,

That is excellent news...congratulations to you both and may the feelings you have now keep growing.

s

1 - 20 of 21 Posts