Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this was so weird today becuase Sunny rarly has accedents anymore and when he dose have one it will be in one of his spots. Well today I got home (actully about 20 min earlier than normal) and i was setting my bags down to take him outside well while i am doing this he starts to pee and I guess so knew he shouldnt be doing it so while he is still peeing he walks away
it was on the laminate so it wasnt to bad but it still was a huge mess. He ended up goving maybe 5 square feet with pee. What was he thinking? Did he just really have to pee or could this be a proublem?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Have you noticed Sunny drinking more water than usual? It's been really hot lately. That could explain why he had such a huge pee in the house. He just couldn't hold it anymore.

If this is an isolated incident, I wouldn't worry. If you notice he keeps doing this, I'd have your vet check him. Not to panic you because he is not in the normal age range, but excessive and inappropriate peeing and drinking excessive amounts of water are classic signs of diabetes. That's what happened with my Lady. She would suddenly just pee a huge amount right on the floor where she was standing, no sneaking off to a favorite spot as you say. It surprised her as much as me!

As I said, juvenile diabetes is not that common so I'm sure that's not it, but it is something you want to just keep in the back of your mind if it keeps happening.

I'm still betting he just drank a lot of water because of the heat and just couldn't hold it!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he has done this once before but it was a while back, if he starting doing once every few weeks I will take him to the vet. It could just be him drinking a lot of water I guess, we are in south Florida its hot here today it was 78.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts