Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed/expeirenced the fearless nature of these little dogs?

My dog Frosty is a rescue and I was a former Great Dane owner. I honestly am astonished how much bravery this little guy has! When on forest walks he regurally chases large deer, hawks, ground hogs, just absolutely fearless. Coming from a big dog it's pretty amusing, but gives me pause (and leash!) for I worry he might run a bear up a tree or chase something that won't run!

Any thoughts or stories on the intense bravery of these little guys would be fun!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah they DEFINITELY do not know how small they are. Nelson is more a scaredy cat though than Andy was. But they do bark at things like 10x their size haha.

"Big dog, in a little body". I saw that on a dog shirt once, so true!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
It's funny,everytime they run out and bark,I saw it's Maltese for "heart of a big dog". The Malts will charge the front lines,the Cocker will hide behind me and bark, and cover me from the rear...that's Cocker for "I got your back mommy,they can get your front"...

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
My DH says these dogs are a case of an alligator mouth overruling a humingbird a**!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Now that is one awesome pose of Frosty :wub:
Boy, it is fitting to your description too :p
Great picture :thumbsup: thanks for sharing!

I see what you mean and know it so well. I have 2 maltese; both are mighty. Just don't be fooled by their small size which I am sure you already know that :p

The boy (Snowy) is SO fearless and nuts. The girl (Crystal) is fearless but not as nuts as the boy because she is cautious in some situations.

Snowy? I have WAY SO MANY stories to share. He is now addicted to swimming, but the story behind it from start is what made me realize how fearless and nuts this boy is !!!! scared and shocked me SO MUCH the first he did that- He is high driven, so what he wanna get, he will do his best to get it without thinking of how or what he is putting himself into (if that makes sense). we were in a boat in a huge lake when he was around a year old. There were ducks who approached our boat. Before we knew it, Snowy jumped right into the lake, started to swim and chase the ducks away in that very huge lake - so you could see ducks being chased by a malt and a malt being chased by a boat (our boat); we went after the crazy swimming malt because clearly he didn't know how small he is and he might get tired from swimming AND ducks can go nuts. I did not expect that from him. I was worried. That said, yup, I am always careful with the fearless monster of mine and know him so well! So he has no chance to act crazy.
In his own small pool, he is safe :)

Crystal: "I guawd da gawden ... Big Black Biwds never scawe me"

Last summer, the two wished that I let them off leash when they saw a bunch of cows. LOL but chasing cows only happened in their dreams :p In reality, they only watched them from afar. not a chance to leave them off leash to chase big creatures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts