Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well all I know is that Heartgard dosnt do fleas so it would makes sense they would charge less for it, I cou;dmt tell you anything about the other ones though.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Interceptor nor Heartgard takes care of fleas, so if you add in what you would pay for flea meds, it is about the same...Revolution seems really high, but I don't know.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
They are different products. The different medications, just like Benadryl vs. Zyrtec, cost different amounts.

I don't like PetMeds. If you want to order from a place other than your vet, I would use a more reputable company like Foster & Smith. Their prices are still quite good.

I use Interceptor and Frontline. Of course, I only pay for Frontline LOL

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Apr 24 2005, 02:34 PM
I don't order from PetMeds anymore.  I just get the meds directly from my vet.  She charges less than PetMeds.  She said that she is not there to make money off of meds.  Just another reason to love my new vet! 

Isn't there a med that does heartworm and ticks?  Or am I going 
?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55945
[/QUOTE]

Revolution does some ticks and heartworm. I think Frontline is best for ticks.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I know one big difference between senitnal and frontline is that w/ sentinal you can still see adult flea's on your dog. It makes them inferitle so that the eggs they lay won't hatch but the adults that jump on will live their life out normally. With frontline it kills the flea when they bite the animal

also nichole what vet do you use now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts