Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a friend in Atlanta to tell me her dog just had a heat stroke and passed away. They went out for a short walk with both dogs and the pit lab mix passed away and they got the boxer to the vet and his body temp was 108, he is in critical condition right now!! So just wanted to remind everyone to be very careful in the heat!!!! This has got to be one of the hottest summer the south has had in a while!!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:shocked: WOW How awful.. and the point is that it was a SHORT walk.. There was a recent thread with questions about this.. and here is our very sad example. Please send your friend our condolences.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Sallie - thanks for the warning. I'm so sorry for your friend. This summer has been so hot and takes it's toll on pets and people. I've had heat exhaustion/stroke and it's frightening. I can kind of tell when it's going to happen and get myself out of the heat and drink a lot but our poor pets can't tell us when they're in trouble.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, she is just in shock herself right now and feels so bad! I'm hoping the boxer pulls through and makes it!

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
Just had a friend in Atlanta to tell me her dog just had a heat stroke and passed away. They went out for a short walk with both dogs and the pit lab mix passed away and they got the boxer to the vet and his body temp was 108, he is in critical condition right now!! So just wanted to remind everyone to be very careful in the heat!!!! This has got to be one of the hottest summer the south has had in a while!!

:goodpost: how sad:bysmilie:

·
Registered
148 Posts
wow, thanks for the warning..i just took twinkle on a hike today and she seemed overly exhausted since it was pretty warm out. I ended up carrying her back to the car because I was scared she would over heat =/

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Oh no, that is SO awful. It is a reminder to us all to really exercise the utmost care with our pets during this mega-heatwave. So sad.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I talked with my friend and the boxer got to come home today and is doing great!!!!!
I had another friend call today to tell me about her yorkie mix and he had a heat stroke last week and she said they weren't out long and she had to rush him to the vet and his body temp. I think she said was 106. So scary how fast this can happen in this heat we are having.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts