Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone at SM! My name is Gina and I am the proud mother of Bailey, my 8 month old maltese. I also have a loveable 10 year old "mutt" (but we don't use that word around her), and her name is Tasha. I have been posting on that "other" forum since Nov. 2004, and to be honest, I am just sick and tired of the bad vibes and the know -it- all attitudes from some of the posters over there. Anyway, I have been lurking here for a while now and you all seem like one happy family
! The best thing of all about this site is that we can actually post product names over here, and as most of you know that is a no-no over at MO. So, like I said, I am happy to have found you all and I can't wait to get to know all of you

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
A bigWELCOME to SM!

I was banned from MO in Oct. 2004 so I don't know you from there but I'm so glad you found "the light"...... You'll love it here!!!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Welcome to SpoiledMaltese, I'm sure you'll love it here!

-c

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Hi it's great to see you here. The problem I had over there was nothing I had to say was posted in the end. Here we can express ourselves and help one-another without fear of reprimand.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow guys, what a warm reception!
I feel so wanted here at SM. You seem like a great bunch of people and I am so glad to be part of the team.
Oh, yes Scooby, I know what you mean about your posts never making it on the board. It happened to me on several occasions also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by sheila2182@Jun 17 2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome to SM ,so glad to have you & Bailey! I have a Bailey also! You have a cutie there

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73342
[/QUOTE]

Aww...thank you Sheila and your Bailey is a cutie too!
As a matter of fact, they look alot alike. I just had a puppy cut done on my Bailey yesterday. I left his pony tail and his tail long but everywhere else is cut. They really do resemble each other.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a question.... how do you put a picture above your signatures? I just can't figure it out!
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Gina,

Welcome to SM....Glad you found us...I have been getting more and more frustrated every time I go to MO....I think because there is such a different vibe over there and here it is so relaxed and everyone seems to get along. And the big one...we can actually communicate in real time...

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Susan

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Welcome to SM...Your Bailey is a cutie pie. Paris will be 8 months old tomorrow. How long was his hair before you cut it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by paris@Jun 17 2005, 10:19 AM
Welcome to SM...Your Bailey is a cutie pie.  Paris will be 8 months old tomorrow.  How long was his hair before you cut it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73349
[/QUOTE]

Well, Bailey's hair was pretty long. It was even longer than the pic I have in my avatar. I was in shock when I first saw him after his cut. I almost cried! He does look cute but honestly, I liked his long coat better. But he is all boy.. loves to run and roll in the grass, leaves,etc... and I just thought the puppy cut would be good for the summer. Believe me, it is alot less maintenance and running his comb through his hair takes no time at all now.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by GSix+Jun 17 2005, 09:08 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sheila2182
@Jun 17 2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome to SM ,so glad to have you & Bailey! I have a Bailey also! You have a cutie there

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73342
Aww...thank you Sheila and your Bailey is a cutie too!
As a matter of fact, they look alot alike. I just had a puppy cut done on my Bailey yesterday. I left his pony tail and his tail long but everywhere else is cut. They really do resemble each other.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73346
[/B][/QUOTE]
I keep both the boys in the puppy cut.Boys being boys,they love to roll in leaves,grass,dirt
I leave their tails long,and their ears.I had cut their topknots off but am growing them out. Their hair tends to be "cottonie" a bit.Again ,Welcome!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Chelsey@Jun 17 2005, 10:20 AM
Welcome

If you look at the top of the menu there are instructions there , Way at the top.
hot to post Pics

Here is the link: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2784
give it a try and if it does not work write back and anyone will help you.
We love pictures here 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73350
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. I understand how to put the little picture up (the avatar), But I still don't know how to put a picture at the bottom of my posts. I am such a dork!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Originally posted by GSix@Jun 17 2005, 10:33 AM
I understand how to put the little picture up (the avatar), But I still don't know how to put a picture at the bottom of my posts. I am such a dork! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73385
[/QUOTE]
Trust me, you are not alone in that regard. I would love to put pictures on the bottom and then have them change around like some do but for the life of me, haven't been able to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by GSix@Jun 17 2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the help. I understand how to put the little picture up (the avatar), But I still don't know how to put a picture at the bottom of my posts. I am such a dork! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73385
[/QUOTE]

Here is info on various photo postings:

To Pull A Photo Off The Internet

1. Right click on the image and choose "Save As" and then save it to your computer where you would normally save photos such as in My Documents, etc.

2. Upload the image from your computer to a hosting site such as Image Cave Image Cave Free Hosting. You can also upload it to the SM Gallery instead, but it'll take up valuable space for posting your baby's photos.

3. Find the photo that you uploaded and copy its URL. (Found in the Album section, etc.)

4. Go to your regular SM posting box and paste the URL in it. You should but IMG in front of it and /IMG at the end. Be sure to put brackets [ ] around it. OR you can let the computer do that for you by clicking IMG at the top of the posting area and paste your URL there and it will put in the IMG "tags" for you.

Another posting tip:
When posting a web site's address within your post you'll want to make it "clickable". Click on http:// at the top of the posting page on SM and when the pop-up box comes up, put your link there instead of directly in your post either by "pasting" or you can type it in. Another pop-up box will then come up, (it is pre-populated with "My Web Page"), you can simply paste again if your URL was copied and pasted from your address bar and the entire URL will show in your post or you can type in whatever you want and that is what will show up as your clickable link such as "Bla Bla Web Page".
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50805

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you, thank you, Kallie and Catcher's Mom! I think I did it!
By the way... your babies are precious!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts