Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my name is Pat and my little Archie will be 11 months old on November 11th. I've had dogs before in my lifetime, but never one quite like a Maltese. He is the cutest little 5 1/2 pounds of fluff and sweetness and love.

Actually my original reason for getting him is that my Bichon is twelve now and getting old fast - I figured a new puppy would soften the blow when something happens to her.

We got him in California (at 12 weeks old) while visiting family and brought him home with us to southern New Jersey. All that traveling and he didn't make a peep all day. He just loves to travel with me where ever I go. He loves to go riding in the basket on my bike. And he sits in his car seat like a real gentleman in the car.

I look forward to exchanging stories, suggestions and questions with everyone on the website.

Pat

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Really? I got Kodie when our 10yr old beagle's health was going down... I thought it would help the passing of my first dog, Scooter...
It didnt... not to mention poor Kodie missed his new friend, Scooter. I would have to say that for the first 2 weeks Kodie did not help with the passing of Scooter. Instead I was soo upset that this will happen to Kodie one day too...
When your upset your mind wonders! Anyway... now Kodie helps a lot.. otherwise the house would be really quiet. Kodie remembers Scooter soo well too... all you have to do is call his name and Kodie will run around the house looking for him
Its cute but sadd..

Sorry about my sad story..

WELCOME to SM! :D Do you have a picture of your little Archie!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Nov 4 2004, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14846
[/QUOTE]

Mystify79 i must comment on how adorable you dress your baby i love his clothes
i love to dress maxi although lately i have to run after him when he see's me getting his jacket or his sweaters he has been tearing through the house its kind of hysterical and i say to him Maxi mommy is going to win so calm down and come over here and then he will come real close and tear off like lightening
how is your baby when you go to dress him also have you tried the boots for the winter my friend bought them for me for his birthday its for the winter so they dont step on the salt they put down on the streets but i went to try it on him and let me tell you it was not an easy task :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom+Nov 4 2004, 12:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mystify79
@Nov 4 2004, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum!  

i love to dress maxi although lately i have to run after him when he see's me getting his jacket or his sweaters he has been tearing through the house its kind of hysterical and i say to him Maxi mommy is going to win so calm down and come over here and then he will come real close and tear off like lightening
how is your baby when you go to dress him also have you tried the boots for the winter my friend bought them for me for his birthday its for the winter so they dont step on the salt they put down on the streets but i went to try it on him and let me tell you it was not an easy task :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14847
[/B][/QUOTE]

Tuffy only looks sweet and innocent in his outfits, but he is a pill to dress.. he really doesn't like to be dressed, but he endures it for my sake I think. My biggest problem with him is that he refuses to move when he's in an outfit so I have to ply him with treats to get him to walk. That's his way of protesting the clothes. :lol:

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hi Pat,
Welcome to you and your pups.

Our Maltese, Sadie, is 18 weeks and we've had her for a month. We also have a bichon who is nearly 10. How did your Bichon like the new puppy? Our Jolie has been tolerant of Sadie and occasionally even initiates play. Most of the time she seems like her feelings are hurt. Also, I notice that where she used to spend much of her time in her crate, now she wants to be wherever we are to make sure that she gets her fair share of the attention. I guess it's really hard for the Queen to share her subjects with the new Princess!

Susan

·
Registered
387 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Nov 4 2004, 01:11 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 12:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mystify79
@Nov 4 2004, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum!  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14847

[/QUOTE]

Tuffy only looks sweet and innocent in his outfits, but he is a pill to dress.. he really doesn't like to be dressed, but he endures it for my sake I think. My biggest problem with him is that he refuses to move when he's in an outfit so I have to ply him with treats to get him to walk. That's his way of protesting the clothes. :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14865
[/B][/QUOTE]

Mystify..... you're a freak heehee. I love Tuffy! What a cutie-pie. I'm always checking to see if you have new pics!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Maltese Lover@Nov 4 2004, 09:14 AM
Hi, 
  my name is Pat and my little Archie will be 11 months old on November 11th.    I've had dogs before in my lifetime, but never one quite like a Maltese.  He is the cutest little 5 1/2 pounds of fluff and sweetness and love. 

Actually my original reason for getting him is that my Bichon is twelve now and getting old fast - I figured a new puppy would soften the blow when something happens to her.

We got him in California (at 12 weeks old) while visiting family and brought him home with us to southern New Jersey.  All that traveling and he didn't make a peep all day.  He just loves to travel with me where ever I go.  He loves to go riding in the basket on my bike.  And he sits in his car seat like a real gentleman in the car. 

I look forward to exchanging stories, suggestions and questions with everyone on the website.

Pat
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14800
[/QUOTE]

Welcome Pat & Archie!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Welcome to SpoiledMaltese Pat and Archie !!

Puddles is my 1st pet in the house. Can't even begin to think of life with out him now.

Hes such a spoiled maltese.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Nov 4 2004, 10:36 PM
Hi Pat,
Welcome to you and your pups. 

Our Maltese, Sadie,  is 18 weeks and we've had her for a month.  We also have a bichon who is nearly 10.  How did your Bichon like the new puppy?  Our Jolie has been tolerant of Sadie and occasionally even initiates play.  Most of the time she seems like her feelings are hurt.  Also, I notice that where she used to spend much of her time in her crate, now she wants to be wherever we are to make sure that she gets her fair share of the attention.  I guess it's really hard for the Queen to share her subjects with the new Princess!

Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14965
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Maltese Lover+Nov 8 2004, 08:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mystify79
@Nov 4 2004, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the forum!  

Wow,
how did you get so fancy with the pictures? I'm impressed!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15481
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D I use Adobe Photoshop to edit the pictures and create the overall picture and then Adobe Image Ready to animate them. ^_^

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you, everyone, for your BIG welcome. I feel much more welcome on this web-site than I did on Maltese Only. I'm trying to put a better picture of Archie on my profile - but I'm having a little trouble. And sorry if I don't get back as often as I'd like - but I'm taking care of a sick friend who is staying with my husband and me...she has terminal cancer and Hospice visits every other day. My time is not my own right now, but I'll log on as often as I can. Don't worry about Archie getting attention, he is ALWAYS with me as I'm home most of the time now. Life is quite interesting as my friend's cat came with her, we're trying to get her Persian and my Himalayan to get along ( :new_Eyecrazy: ouch)...Archie thinks everyone is playing and old Lace just wants peace and quiet. Talk to you later.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Mystify79+Nov 8 2004, 11:04 PM-->
Originally posted by Maltese [email protected] 8 2004, 08:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mystify79
@Nov 4 2004, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the forum!  

Wow,
how did you get so fancy with the pictures? I'm impressed!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15481

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D I use Adobe Photoshop to edit the pictures and create the overall picture and then Adobe Image Ready to animate them. ^_^
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15494
[/B][/QUOTE]

COOL!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts