Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100_1863.jpg

Hi, My name is Lynn and my dog is Mosley. He is 5 months old. I got him from a rescue shelter. He is doing well with potty training and sleeping through the night. ANyone know how to help with scratching ears? Vet said no infection. I hope my post goes through. I dont think the last one did.:angry:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome to SM...Mosley is darling and a rescue...Hope you enjoy SM..Ears someone more knowlegable than me will probably give you some advice. Or look on the forum search about ears....

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Welcome to SM, Lynn. It could be food allergies. What are you feeding?

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 4: Hi Lynn and Mosley - success with this post. :chili: Thanks so much for giving Mosley a home. What a handsome little boy he is. I see he's got the lap dog thing down.:) Not sure about the ears -- was he groomed recently? Hairs plucked? I'm not that old a Maltese owner so some others might chime in. Food issue or environmental allergies can do it too as Cosy's mom Brit said. You might also put a post about his ear issue in the Forum under health. So happy you adopted and so happy you came here.:chili:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Welcome Lynn and thank you so much for opening your heart to a rescue! My goodness he's a cutie!!

I know there are several people on here that can help with the ears. Did the vet test for a yeast infection or just bacteria? Yeast can cause them to have itchy, painful ears as well.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Mosely is such a precious little guy!!! Thank you for giving him a loving home. Unfortunetly I can't offer any advice for his ears. Others here will help you though. Welcome Lynn!!! I hope you enjoy it here.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Mosley is adorable!!! Welcome to SM! :)

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Don't know anything about the ears, but Mosley is a cutie patootie!!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I would have the ears rechecked. At this age, food allergy is less likely. If the ears have been recently plucked they may be irritated. A few days of an ointment from the vet with an anti-inflammatory can help with that. If there is a lot of hair in the ears, that might be bothersome. Plucking a bit of the hair (just the stuff from deep down - you don't need to pluck them perfectly clean) can help if too much hair is the case.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to SM! You will find a wealth of information here! What a cutie patootie your little guy is! Thank you so much for giving him a home!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
welcome to SM ! mosely is adorable , cant help w the ears but im sure u'll find enough help n suggestions here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts