Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17,634 Posts
I'm so sorry you lost your Holli. My Petie died almost 11 years ago and I still cry when I think about him. It took me 7 years to get another dog. I just didn't think I could love another one the way I loved him. Then Lady came into my life and I knew it was time.

I'm glad you are thinking about getting a puppy. It helps to fill the hole in your heart left by the one you lost. They never ever can replace a beloved pet, but they do ease the pain. When I lost my Siamese Holly suddenly to heart disease a little over a year ago, I adopted another one almost immediately.

· Registered
17,634 Posts
There are a several Maltese breeders in Pensylvania on the breeder referral list from the American Maltese Association:

http://www.americanmaltese.org/

How about checking with your vet if he has other Maltese in his practice? My sister manages a vet office and one of their clients is a Maltese breeder. They have cared for her dogs for nearly 15 years and my sister says they are the healthiest Maltese they have ever seen in their practice - no luxating patellas or liver shunts in nay of her dogs. If and when I ever got a puppy, I'd probably get one from her based on that. Aftre the health issues my poor Lady has, health is my #1 priority.

Even if he doesn't know a breeder to recommend, he may have a patient or two with nice healthy Maltese who might be willing to share their breeder's name.

· Registered
17,634 Posts
I know some breeders are fussy (and rightfully so) about not allowing people to visit puppies when they are very young for fear of diseases like Parvo being carried in on shoes, etc. But I think it is very important to see where a potential puppy would come from as anyone can tell you anything over the phone or on a website. Even the worst puppy millers swear that their puppies are home raised with love.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but are you looking for a top name breeder or perhaps a smaller breeder with nice healthy puppies that is a little more local?

I know one of our members, adorable accents, breeds Maltese and is in New Jersey. Here is her website:

http://www.adorableaccentsdogbows.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.