Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie to Maltese's. I've got my first Maltese Baby Girl Named Cloey Lyn. She is 10 weeks and a sweetheart at that. She's about 1.5 lbs. I just got her on Saturday, May 28th.

I have 2 Other Pups. Oreo a 6 Month old Yorkie/Pomeranian. Ginger a 6 Month old Yorkie. Everyone is getting along great

I found this place from a good friend I also met from the Yorkie Forums i'm from (Brooke owner of Imapreciouspup.com - Thank you!)

I hope to learn more about Maltese's and share my experiences with you all. Of course, Also get to know you and your furbabies!

Thank you everyone!

and this is Cloey Lyn

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WARM WELCOMES! I hope to see pictures of ALL of your babies! Cloey Lyn is a ball of sweetness!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANK YOU everyone for the warm welcomes! i feel so welcome here thanks!

if you'd like to see other pictures of my other 2 kiddies, here is my gallery on my website.

http:www.yorkiegirl.com/gallery

Oreo is the black&white
Ginger is the yorkie
or the black & Tan.. i don't have many pictures of Cloey because I just got her and when i went to get her I was too excited and forgot my camera

But I definately will take pictures and share them with you all!

by the way, how do you get your furbabes to be so white?! Cloey doesn't look so white

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
by the way, how do you get your furbabes to be so white?! Cloey doesn't look so white[/B]
is it tearstains or just general color? you can try using a whitening shampoo every other week but all malts are different colors
especially as puppies. your little girl could just have a darker coat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by puppylucy@May 29 2005, 09:30 PM
by the way, how do you get your furbabes to be so white?! Cloey doesn't look so white
is it tearstains or just general color? you can try using a whitening shampoo every other week but all malts are different colors
especially as puppies. your little girl could just have a darker coat.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66766
[/B][/QUOTE]

The tearstains aren't so bad. But i'm talking about her general color. Last night someone also got a Maltese, and someone had said, mine doesn't look as White as a Maltese should and questioned if Cloey was a real maltese. Since I'm quite fairly new i was kind of dumbfounded
lol. So I thought i'd ask. But she is a Maltese for sure :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by puppylucy@May 29 2005, 09:40 PM
LOL i can't believe they questioned the fact that your dog was a maltese!

it might lighten up as she gets older; it might not. but she's not meant to be a show dog, right? she's still beautiful and loveable 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66770
[/QUOTE]

Yea I felt bad when they questioned me. Cloey is definately not a show dog, not that i have anything against show dogs because I don't. She's just great pet quality (but mommy's little show dog)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Deyna+May 29 2005, 11:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@May 29 2005, 09:40 PM
LOL i can't believe they questioned the fact that your dog was a maltese!

it might lighten up as she gets older; it might not. but she's not meant to be a show dog, right? she's still beautiful and loveable 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66770

Yea I felt bad when they questioned me. Cloey is definately not a show dog, not that i have anything against show dogs because I don't. She's just great pet quality (but mommy's little show dog)

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66772
[/B][/QUOTE]

oh, i wasn't implying that you had anything against show dogs
just that even if she is a little "off-white", it doesn't really matter because she'll always be perfect in your eyes
how unbelieveably cheesy did THAT sound?!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Deni was more of a light cream color all over with definite lemon spots on her back and ears. I just noticed today that she is MUCH whiter (almost completely) with only a slight lemon spot on her back (which is growing out) and her ears are now almost completely white. Now if only we can get those tear stains completely under control!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by Deyna@May 29 2005, 11:46 PM
Hello Everyone! 

I'm a newbie to Maltese's. I've got my first Maltese Baby Girl Named Cloey Lyn. She is 10 weeks and a sweetheart at that. She's about 1.5 lbs. I just got her on Saturday, May 28th.

I have 2 Other Pups. Oreo a 6 Month old Yorkie/Pomeranian. Ginger a 6 Month old Yorkie. Everyone is getting along great 

I found this place from a good friend I also met from the Yorkie Forums i'm from (Brooke owner of Imapreciouspup.com - Thank you!)

I hope to learn more about Maltese's and share my experiences with you all. Of course, Also get to know you and your furbabies!

Thank you everyone!

and this is Cloey Lyn

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66746
[/QUOTE]
She is a darling. Welcome to SM!
Quincymom

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
She is a doll!!!!

She looks like she has some lemon coloring maybe on her ears, but that will probably disappear as she gets older. I think she looks precious! Congrats! :D

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Welcome!!
Cloey Lyn is adorable!! And so is Ginger and Oreo! I love the cuddletime photo!! So sweet!!

Abbey had lemon color on her ears and down the middle of her back. At 5 months the lemon on the ears is gone but she still has lemon on her back. Both her Mom and Dad are pure white, so I'm sure it will go away as well. I have not used the whitening shampoo yet since she is still a pup, so that may help.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts