Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Well, I am finally taking the plunge and deciding to become an active member of this forum after a few months of “just looking around.” I joined earlier this year when I began my puppy search and have been hooked ever since. I have learned SO MUCH from all of you and feel like I already know you and your adorable pups from being on SM everyday since I joined. Back when I started my search, I had reached out to a few breeders that I had learned about on this forum but I was also looking at rescues. Well, one day I was on Petfinder and FELL IN LOVE with the cutest little puppy face…he wasn’t a maltese but from his description on Petfinder I could tell he would be the perfect one for me. I submitted an application and somehow out of the many that the rescue had received for him, I was picked!! :chili: He is a little poodle mix and has the BEST personality ever. I’ve had Bailey for a few months now and I am so in love with him!!! :wub: I’m planning to get him a Maltese sister hopefully later this year so I’ll be sticking around here at SM, learning all I can. Already, I have learned so much that has been so helpful with Bailey, even though he’s not a malt. Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your knowledge and your precious malts.

I’m attaching some pictures of Bailey. Again, he’s not a Maltese but I hope you won't mind him and his Mommy sticking around here Malt-less for a while until we get our own little maltese baby!!! Hehe.

The pictures below are of Bailey in his sports jersey that says “Alpha Dog,” him with his favorite toy, Monkey, and him representing the Virginia Tech Hokies! :wub:

Bailey3.jpg

Bailey2.jpg

Bailey1.jpg

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You and Bailey are quite welcome...as will your new baby be when he or she arrives. :)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 1: OMG -- I really don't think that Bailey is a dog at all much less a Maltese. He looks like one of those absolutely adorable, soft, fluffy Gund-like stuffed animals.:wub::wub: He is absolutely gorgeous!! No wonder you couldn't resist him!:wub2::wub2: I just love him. Thank you so much for rescuing him and of course you're welcome here and we'd love to see Bailey growing up. And we'll be here for you to welcome his brother or sister. How old is Bailey? Do you have any background on him? I love those pictures of him. Keep them coming.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Bailey is darling.......he looks like a little stuffed animal!!! Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here~~~:chili::chili::chili:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome and sweet comments about Bailey! I'm so excited to start sharing him with you all. I don't know many "dog people" in my life, so I love coming here on SM to read stories about your pups, and now to share some about my own.

Susan, Bailey is now around 9 months...I'm not too sure about his age but when I got him, my vet believed him to be about 5 months old. I also don't know too much about his background, except that he was found wandering around rural West Virginia as a stray just before the huge blizzard in February. He was then taken to a shelter before his rescue pulled him and took him to a foster home. I just feel SO BLESSED to have found him - he is the absolute LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Welcome! Bailey is just darling, I love your pictures of him. He looks like such a sweetheart! It sounds like he is in a great home and I'm happy for you both. :wub:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I love his coloring and his name suits him perfectly ... Bailey, short for Bailey's Irish Creme??? Welcome and congratulations!! Bailey is just absolutely precious!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again everyone!!! I, myself, can't get over how incredibly adorable he is...and can't stop hugging him all day :) He has the best personality too...sooooo sweet and cuddly and loves everybody (although he is most definitely a mama's boy!).

I do get asked a lot if I named him after Bailey's Irish Creme, hehe but actually I first heard the name back when I was in school...I used to watch Party of Five and there was a character on there named Bailey. I just LOVED the name and always thought that when I got a dog, I would name him that. And FINALLY after many, many years, I got my Bailey :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
welcome to SM!! glad u found us , and ooo my god bailey is gorgeous , that last pic !!! he looks like one of the stuffed animals , he is cute beyond words , thanks so much for resuing him !!! looking forward to 1 seeing more pics 2 hearing his stories 3 welcoming his maltese sis!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts