Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I've been reading this forum for quite some time, but this is my first post. I lost my 11 year old maltipoo in 2009 to kidney failure after several surgeries to remove bladder stones. The grief was almost unbearable. A few months later, I stumbled upon a maltese litter at my vet's office. (This is a very small town so that was quite a shock!) A woman I knew had just bred her first litter. As we use the same vet, and my vet knows her dogs well, I decided to buy one of her puppies. After going through my maltipoo's kidney and bladder issues and reading about liver shunts, patellas, etc. on this forum, I also purchased a health insurance policy for my new puppy. Hopefully, the policy will prove to be a waste of money, but I feel better having it just in case.

Sassy will turn 2 this month. She is the light of my life. As I read this forum almost daily, I thought it was time to introduce myself. I have learned so many, many things by reading this forum and am very grateful to all of you for sharing your experiences.

Thank you and Happy New Year!!!

Karen

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Karen and Sassy! Welcome.

I'm new here also. Sassy is a cutie! :Cute Malt:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sassy is a sweetheart, and I adore her. Still, I can't help but drool over all the beautiful dogs on this forum. My dream is to one day have a maltese to show (I SO admire what Stacy and Marina have accomplished), but with the economy the way it is, it's out of the question for now. Oh well, a show quality dog couldn't give any better kisses than Sassy does. I really felt it was fate when I found her at the vet's office. Actually, her breeder had already named her Miracle, and I guess running into them the way I did sort of was. We tried calling her "Miracle" for awhile, but it seemed too serious for a puppy.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Hello!!! And welcome...glad you decided to join in with us!

Sassy is a very pretty girl :wub::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 2: Welcome Karen and Sassy. She looks adorable. :wub::wub: I'm so sorry for the loss of your Maltipoo. I know what you mean about taking out insurance, just in case. :thumbsup:
What date is Sassy's birthday? Tyler will be two next month. Aren't they just amazing pets? :heart::heart: Tyler makes me smile every day.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Sassy

Karen

Sassy is a cutie pie. Congrats! Malteses are special and loving babies that give back way more than whatever they recieve.

I would love to see more pictures of Sassy.

:Cute Malt::Cute Malt:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts