Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Patricia and 3 years ago I rescued my baby from a shelter. I've been told she's mostly Maltese but might have another mixture in her... She looks just like a Maltese! Anyway, I try to visit shelters and donate and spend time with the dogs, so I saw miss Fifi one day and fell in love with her (I was going through a lot of health issues and was alone most of the time and wanted a companion.) I filled out the papers and brought her home a few days later. This dog is literally my best friend. I don't even refer to her as a dog, she's my baby... Even my husband calls her his daughter! Lol! :chili: Bottom line is Fifi has changed my life and I never knew a dog could have this much impact on one's life. I am truly and 100% blessed to have her and my other dog, I haven't mentioned her yet. Her name is Blondie and she's 11 years old.. She is a pitbull mix... Another one of my best friends and my other baby. I love them both! :)

I came upon SpoiledMaltese.com because recently I switched Fifi's food and she's been getting very dark tear stains in which she never had before! I don't want to use Angel Eyes because I know that's an AntiBiotic and I don't wanna put her on anything like that. I am feeding her the dry kibble of Natures Recipe in Salmon, Pumpkin and Sweet Potato recipe. She's allergic to chicken and beef so I've been scared to try the lamb or duck recipe.

Good Job on this website! It is very helpful and everyone's dogs are so precious! :thumbsup:

Thank you, and God Bless!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Welcome Patricia! It's nice to meet you and Fifi....and Blondie too.

Looking forward to hearing more about your pups and seeing their pictures too :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 4: Welcome Patricia! Fifi is adorable in your avatar. :wub::wub: She looks all Maltese to me:) Thank you so much for adopting her. These Maltese just wiggle their way into our hearts. Hope you find some help with the staining. What are you feeding her? Did you look at some of the past tear stain threads for suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Welcome!!! your baby is beautiful!! I love the name Fifi, I had a Siamese cat named Fifi when I was a child.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
:welcome1: She's gorgeous - def looks like a malt to me!!! Thank you for all you do with the shelters and for rescuing that sweet one!!! Sounds like a match made in heaven - can't wait to see more pics :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
welcome to sm patricia , fifi and blondie ! she does look like a pure malt to me , and i toounderstand how these fluffs can change our lives 100 % .

about the tear stains , u might try reading some of the threads theres alot of info on tear staining.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all so much! I feel so very welcomed here and I am very happy! Here are some more pictures of my baby! :)

There's a million more but here's just some! :)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Have you had her ears checked? Sometimes it's not the food but another source.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing the pictures!! I love the one with Fifi on her back. Looks like she is waiting for a belly rub. I too feed my dog the Nature's recipe Salmon. The vet is trying to help us figure out what he is allergic to and switching to a grain free food that had a different protein is what he recommended. Bentley seems to be doing pretty well with it. His itching has decreased, but I don't know if that is due to the food or the change in seasons. The tear staining improved when I washed his face daily. He has a really short haircut now and that is helping too. Anyway, welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts