Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Pico and I are new to this forum and have been frustrated on Malteseonly.com in trying to contact other San Antonio maltese owners to set up play dates. Pico is an only child and doesn't know how to play with other dogs. <_<

He is 3 years old, neutered and 4.5 pounds of love and kisses. If I can figure out how to post his picture with my messages, I will. He's a doll.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
hello and welcome, i', too far away in VA to bring Sampson and Maggie over, you may have to do what we did, get another one, Sampson didnt have and friends to play with for his first 3 years and I could tell he needed one so we got Maggie, now they are best bud, except when Maggie is agrivating him :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi Pico's Parent.... "J" here. We met on that other site

Glad you found us and hope you check in often!

I live in Austin, a little far to drive for a "Puppy date"... Let us know if you are ever heading up this way and we will do the same!

You should post that shampoo recommendation here.... we love stuff like that!

Judi

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Picos mom. Sydney and I live in Austin as well, let me know if you are ever in the area. Sydney does not have any friends to play with either.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the board. If you have them, some PetsMart have puppy play on the weekend. Its free. Check with them. Its a great way to get your dogs interacting with others.

To post a picture on any post hit the IMG button above. Type in the link where the picture is located. The picture has to be on the internet and capable of being remotely hosted. Usually you will get an error message if it doesn't work.

Like this:
The web address is:
http://members.cavtel.net/docnascar/images...march/NDOLL.JPG

I hit the image button, paste in the web address and waalaa!

To add an Avatar goto Home and click the MY CONTROLS button. You will see the avatar button there.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh! Noah's picture brought tears to my eyes, he is so adorable. Actually reminds me of Pico's puppy days.

Warning. Be forewarned that Noah may begin humping his favorite stuffed toy and if you are not ready for the sight of him humping that doll in the picture you might want to be prepared to a)substitute the doll or
make humping a no-no. Pico was neutered at 8 months and he doesn't hump anything but his "kitty". I figure I've denied him romance and fatherhood, so I let him hump kitty. Some people don't allow this behaviour.

Thanks so much for the instructions on posting pictures. I'll look through my files and find one of Pico tonight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh....it is nice to live in an apt complex with lots of small dogs. My apt complex is full of students and retired people (I guess that = small dogs).

But I don't imagine you are far from me. I am at right off Medical (I-10 North).

Have you had any luck finding any other Maltese people around?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winston's Mommy,

No luck in San Antonio. I did meet a two-Maltese owner in the parking lot of Dr. Vice's Animal Hosp on Broadway just South of loop 410. She had Kimba with her and 2nd Maltese was still with its mother. It was so crowded that day that we talked only briefly and then she was called to the exam room so I left word with the receptionist and left my name and number for her.

I know I should just get him a buddy furbaby but I don't have a place to leave two of them when I travel. One I can take with me, but two is a problem unless two people are traveling. Plus, Pico's medical expenses are such that I hesitate right now until I win the lottery. :lol: I say if you can't afford $1000-$2000 to buy a Maltese, you can't afford to own one.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never looked into that but haven't heard of anything. I'd bet you meet the nicest people there, those who care enough about their pets to socialize them and give them outings like that.

On the other hand, I AM particular about who Pico hangs out with! :D It would unnerve me to have some of those big breed dogs around this 4.5 lb white fluffy rabbit sized furbaby. Pico is not friendly with too assertive, much less aggressive, dogs. He prefers to initiate the contact. This is why I was looking for a play date for a one-on-one with someone his own size.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The city I live we have "doggie parks" and the one I take Maya and Daezie has an area for big dogs and an area for small dogs (which is where we stay). So far I have only seen 2 maltese and they don't go that often. My little Maya loves chasing the bigger dogs, she can run so fast....everyone thinks she is cute -- a little dog chasing a big dog.

Taking them to the doggie park has help them socialize. our fist times at the park all Daezie wanted to do was for me to pick her up. she wouldn't leave my side for nothing and she wouldn't let any dog sniff her or get closed to us, and all they both did was bark they heads off
. Now she has made a big improvement
. she now say hi to other doggies, she doesnt get upset if I pet another dog and we play fetch.

Out of the whole gang that go there my girls are the most expresive!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts