Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I’m Sky!

We are from the Philippines and we got him from a breeder who claimed he was a Maltese but we are not sure if it’s entirely true since there is no way we can prove it and DNA tests are very hard to come by here and very costly. :( But we love him to bits and he brings us so much joy so we won’t give him up no matter what.
Can anyone confirm if he looks like a Maltese or is he a mix of a different breed? Any input is appreciated thank you so much! :)

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Toy dog Companion dog
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Luggage and bags Companion dog
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Working animal

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Oh, he is very, very cute. I'd say he looks like a Maltese from the front. What is his tail like?Only a DNA test would give a reliable answer about his breed. So I think you should just love him for the cute little thing that he is. I hope you have many happy years together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, he is very, very cute. I'd say he looks like a Maltese from the front. What is his tail like?Only a DNA test would give a reliable answer about his breed. So I think you should just love him for the cute little thing that he is. I hope you have many happy years together.
Hi! Thank you for replying!😊 I’m a new member here and I was really nervous about posting at first..

Here is the picture of his tail, I think it’s not as furry as his body (maybe because he’s had a habit of biting and chasing it before😬, but we try hard to distract him everytime we catch him doing it again) but it is kind of curved upwards(?)
Thanks so much again.😊
Carnivore Dog breed Polar bear Whiskers Feather
Feather Whiskers Tail Fur Small to medium-sized cats

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Hi! Thank you for replying!😊 I’m a new member here and I was really nervous about posting at first..

Here is the picture of his tail, I think it’s not as furry as his body (maybe because he’s had a habit of biting and chasing it before😬, but we try hard to distract him everytime we catch him doing it again) but it is kind of curved upwards(?)
Thanks so much again.😊
View attachment 276343 View attachment 276345
Maltese tails are supposed to be curved upwards over their back. :) His tail looks shorter than average, but a lady I know in the midwest of the U.S. said that in her area, pet Maltese are a docked breed, for cleanliness I guess. A Maltese with a docked tail would not be in a dog show, as far as I know. Maybe your pup's tail is naturally short. But since his purpose is to be your pet, love him as he is. My latest adorable Maltese rescue has a tail that is the usual length but is curved so tightly over her back that when she has a fluffy body coat, you can hardly tell she has a tail. :D

My favorite things about Maltese are their coats and their personalities and their faces. It seems your pup has got those sweet Maltese characteristics. I think you have a great pet. 💓

1 - 8 of 8 Posts