Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Oh, he is very, very cute. I'd say he looks like a Maltese from the front. What is his tail like?Only a DNA test would give a reliable answer about his breed. So I think you should just love him for the cute little thing that he is. I hope you have many happy years together.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Hi! Thank you for replying!😊 I’m a new member here and I was really nervous about posting at first..

Here is the picture of his tail, I think it’s not as furry as his body (maybe because he’s had a habit of biting and chasing it before😬, but we try hard to distract him everytime we catch him doing it again) but it is kind of curved upwards(?)
Thanks so much again.😊
View attachment 276343 View attachment 276345
Maltese tails are supposed to be curved upwards over their back. :) His tail looks shorter than average, but a lady I know in the midwest of the U.S. said that in her area, pet Maltese are a docked breed, for cleanliness I guess. A Maltese with a docked tail would not be in a dog show, as far as I know. Maybe your pup's tail is naturally short. But since his purpose is to be your pet, love him as he is. My latest adorable Maltese rescue has a tail that is the usual length but is curved so tightly over her back that when she has a fluffy body coat, you can hardly tell she has a tail. :D

My favorite things about Maltese are their coats and their personalities and their faces. It seems your pup has got those sweet Maltese characteristics. I think you have a great pet. 💓

1 - 2 of 2 Posts