Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All you Malt Lovers

Dusty and I are from South Africa. Let me start off by saying that the maltese is definately not a "spoiled" breed in SA. They are more of the common household pets and people breed them by the dozens. It is such a shame as these babies are the best.

Well I am sure that you probably guessed it by now that I purchased little Dusty from a "backyard" breeder when he was 7wks old. But he has turned out just fine. I had no problem potty training him, I remember that it only took a week to get him trained and I thought that there must be something wrong with my baby.. Could he be that intelligent... He started to have the run of the house when he was 12wks and today at 29 weeks is trained in the sit, come and stay commands (no doggy school for him).

It really is lovely to have a site where someone undertsands you, cos here in SA, you are considered mad for wiping his bum after a poo. He really is my baby as hubby and I cannot have children. I cannot describe how he has changed our lives and "cured" my urge to have a skin baby.

Thanks for a lovely site..

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Amazing how this white furball can connect people across the oceans by the love it provides!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
WELCOME!!!
Dusty sounds lovely and he is surely very lucky to have found you as his mommy. Looking forward to more posts from you and Dusty!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome to SM!!! I have a neighbor whose Malt would constantly be roaming the neighborhood. Many times I walked her back to her house and explained to the neighbor how dangerous it is for her dog to be loose around traffic, etc. She said she was from South Africa and that Malts are "street dogs" there and are used to being out and roaming the streets!! She seemed to have a different attitude about her Malt than I do about mine.

But it sounds like you have the right attitude!!

Oh, and Dusty is adorable!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome to you and Dusty. We really have gone global! We'll enjoying hearing all about Dusty.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Welcome to you and Dusty.
I am so glad that you found us and we would love to hear more about you and Dusty. I would love to learn more about South Africa and what life is like there. Do dogs run in the street where you live? Great to have you here

·
Registered
4,856 Posts

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome to SM, glad you found us

1 - 20 of 31 Posts