Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello my fellow Maltese parents. My name is Mimi and I am picking up my baby boy Paris this Saturaday from the breeder.

Intro: I researched which breed is best for me and actually didn't come to Maltese until late. I wanted a "Lassie" dog because that was my doggie when I was a wee lil girl (he was stolen from us...pedigrees, people want them I guess
). But then on Livejournal, I started seeing pictures of these little white doggies that are so adorable. I researched the breed and didn't think I could be a good parent because they required a lot of time and care of their coat. Then I found out we are moving to Florida and I planned to take a couple of months off work and set up our new home in FL, and I started reading the Maltese guides, I was really confident I can be a responsible owner.

Next came the decision of which breeder to go to... I went to AMA and also BheJei for their list. Called almost EVERYONE in Southern CA (where I currently live) and also in Florida. I settled with Cynthia Landry (of Scruffy's Maltese in CA) -member of AMA and a full time handler. I visited her home and interviewed her (likewise I was interviewed) and put a deposit down for my baby boy.

I then had to go through the grueling task of picking the name. Some of the names that made the cut were Haru, Taro, and a few others, but then Hubby and I weren't agreeing on any of them.

Finally we agreed upon PARIS. Hubby is a greek mythology freak and also it seemed fitting. Paris of Troy is such a seducer of woman, and we thought our cutie pie will be a heart breaker on his own too

BUT we constantly have to explain to other people that it's not after Paris Hilton, but of Homer's Illiad, Troy, or whatever to make others understand that Paris is not of Paris Hilton...sigh.

So there we have it. We're Maltese mommy and daddy now. I am so excited. I have visited him a total of 3 times since initial meeting (because I miss him so much when he's not with me already) and finally I will be able to take him home with me this weekend. He is so active and round that I just want to bite his nose off (not literally, but u know..lol)

I love this site. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Absolutely fabulous! Pictures to come of course =)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Mimi!! What a great name!! I never would of thought about that name for a boy!! I will be picking up my boy in about 6 weeks from a breeder in CA as well! I chose my pup from Malta Angels. I haven't picked out a name yet. How exciting that you get to pick him up saturday!! He is a cutie!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Hi paris!!! we live in valencia---and i know exactly what you mean about finding a breeder...it takes forever!!! i love how you can see his little teeth in that pic. anyway, im glad you found spoiledmaltese and we all hope you put your input here.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome Mimi, Paris (and hubby
)!

I love that last picture, he is such a cutie. Looks like he asking you if you are taking him home now. You have a very nice looking family. Is you husband home or is he stationed somewhere?

Judi

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Hi and welcome! Paris is a handome lil' guy. You will be so happy haveing a lil' furbaby Maltese in your home. Caesar who is now 7 months is our first Maltese and we absolutely adore him. Thats funny about your husband wanting to name him, my husband is a history teacher so he had his mind set we were gonna name him Caesar. After the Caesar's that ruled Italy, because the Maltese originated in Malta Islands which used to be apart of Italy. hehe :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome to our maltese family...i love the story of the name. hope you enjoy your new puppy as much as we love ours. i look forward to seeing more pictures soon

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome to this forum. You will enjoy every second with your baby....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
:D Hi and welcome! Paris is such a good looking little boy! I'm a huge history buff so I love the name Paris, I think it's awesome!
We had a hard time naming Tuffy too.. I think we had him for a while before we settled on a name. Tuffy was almost Lucky or Mozart.. but he responded best to Tuffy, so that was that! I can't wait to hear more about little Paris

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To TikisMom:
My husband is currently not in the continental US but we are going to go to FL together for the next 4 years. Yay!!!

Thanks to all that liked his name and your warmth extended to me! I got a playard/playpen today from BabysRus and a baby blanket for him. The playpen thing is for when we travel from CA to FL- during hotel stays... I don't really want to put him back in the carrier because he had been in it most of the day... but then I don't really trust what's in teh hotel room floors either.

It was expensive but I figured good investment because anytime I can't really watch WATCH him, I can just put him in the playpen thing and go cook dinner, for instance.

He really likes to use his teeth right now. Gotta correct that! Got him a Kong puppy chew, Chilly Bone (cloth covered chew toy that you freeze) and some squeaky toys to play with.

I'm going to go post in the Grooming section.. I have a gift for for everyone... see you there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
oops should have said Hi from Ireland,
I know Im wearing the American colours but come from Eire.
Prezzie from the states.
Pixie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts