Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

Starting to do my research on the lovely Maltese. I have two Havanese dogs (brothers from the same litter) and am ready to add to the family.

I've always loved the look of the Maltese, but it is incredibly frustrating trying to find any information or breeders in Canada.

Would appreciate any input.

Now I'll think I just go back and start looking at all the gorgeous pictures in the gallery. Thanks everybody!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Hello and Welcome :) You came to the right place. We have Canadian members here with beautiful maltese. I am sure they will let you know where they got their malts from.

I would love to learn more about your havanese; what are their names? pictures will also be an extra treat :wub: I love havanese too by the way

Kat

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
:welcome1: I'm in the suburb of Toronto. Where are you located? There are only a handful of reputable Maltese breeders in Canada, which means there is not always a puppy available. You may also want to explore getting a puppy from US breeders that are close to your city.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ooops....first rule of forums....must post pics :biggrin: They've just turned 18 mos. I'm in the process of growing them back out...long story...blowing coat...many matts....shaved down...ugh.

Okay, here are the boys...Harley

and Seymour

Pat

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
ooops....first rule of forums....must post pics :biggrin: They've just turned 18 mos. I'm in the process of growing them back out...long story...blowing coat...many matts....shaved down...ugh.

Okay, here are the boys...Harley

and Seymour

Pat
awwh thanks for posting .. your boys are so adorable. I feel like squeezing (gently) Harley in that second pictures:wub: I love the coloring of his brother too :wub:

again, it is nice to have you here :)

Kat, Snowy and Crystal

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Your two dogs are gorgeous. :wub:

Not too many breeders in Canada.

AVAILABLE MALTESE PUPPIES AND RETIRED ADULTS She has had this little girl up for a while, so probably not available now.

Four Halls Kennels

Four Halls is a very respected breeder, but doesn't breed much.

When I was looking I ended up buying from the US. quite a few of the breeders will ship. I had Lola brought to be via Tiger, who hand carries the puppy for you.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
:Welcome 4: Wow, Harley and Seymour are BEA-U-TI-FUL! :wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:welcome1: I'm in the suburb of Toronto. Where are you located? There are only a handful of reputable Maltese breeders in Canada, which means there is not always a puppy available. You may also want to explore getting a puppy from US breeders that are close to your city.

Hi Cleooscar,

I'm in Nova Scotia. Since there are so few reputable breeders in Canada would probably explain why I can't find a parent club here.

I've started looking at the AMA website so hopefully I will get a better idea of where to start looking in the US.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for all the compliments on my boys. Harley & Seymour say thanks too B)

They really have fantastic personalities...they're very smart, gentle, sweet, clownlike and keep me laughing (and busy!) all day....all very true to form to the breed.

But I have always longed for a Maltese....very similar to my boys' traits but in a smaller package. I think you know what I mean :wub:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your two dogs are gorgeous. :wub:

Not too many breeders in Canada.

AVAILABLE MALTESE PUPPIES AND RETIRED ADULTS She has had this little girl up for a while, so probably not available now.

Four Halls Kennels

Four Halls is a very respected breeder, but doesn't breed much.

When I was looking I ended up buying from the US. quite a few of the breeders will ship. I had Lola brought to be via Tiger, who hand carries the puppy for you.

Good luck
Thanks for the links! I remember coming across these two breeders in my research.
I've bookmarked them now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.