Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum...as of right now I'm still without puppy! I have been looking for a while and I'm just having a hard time finding a breeder. It seems as though I always call the day after they are all gone! Well, the search continues!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Hi! Welcome! You will love it here!
Good luck in your search for a pup!!!
Your life will never be the same!!!

Let us know how it is going.

J

·
0 Posts
Lacey and I welcome you. Took me over a year of research and over 9 months to find a breeder. Lacey was well worth the wait. Before I got her I was excited but nothing could prepare me for how I feel about her now. My coworkers must think I am nuts because I want to stop working so I can stay home with her. Before Lacey came home to me I worked through my lunch and was at my desk at least 30 minutes early every work day. No more of that. I go home for lunch everyday to see her and I am now at my desk 10 minutes early. I am just so busy playing and being with her in the morning and it is just so hard to tear myself away from her.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Hi, Natalie! Welcome to Spoiled Maltese. Sorry, I cann't help you with the breeders. I live in IA.

When I was looking for a I did a lot of google searchs. You can try looking for Maltese breeders Michigan or Maltese breeders MI. I made up a list and called around asking questions. You can get a list of questions to ask breeders on the Maltese Only page. I think I called like 30 breeders. Some of the information you can find on the websites. I started by eliminating breeders that were just plain bad breeders and those that were way more than I could afford. I eventually got it down to 3. After visiting the breeders 2 were VERY quickly eliminated.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi there & welcome!! :D
Don't feel bad, when I joined this site until now, I don't own a maltese either! It took me a long while but I will be bringing home my little guy next week wed.! I'm sure you will find the right breeder and puppy in time! Good luck in your search!! By the way, did you look on the American Maltese Association breeder list to maybe find a potential one in your area? Check this breeders site, they are located in Bridgeport~ laurealmaltese.com if, not, check the links page on that site for other breeders. Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome, I'm fairly new myself and I have to tell you I love this site. The people here are so nice and you're acually allowed to speek your mind unlike some sites (Maltese Only) not that I would mention any names.
Anyway welcom and good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Natalie,

You and your future furbaby are already ahead of the game by your coming to this web site and forum! Congratulations on your breed selection because you obviously have impecable taste.......

To state the obvious, read the "Rescues" and "Breeders" postings pretty thoroughly. They will give you a good idea of what to steer clear of and what questions to ask and things to look for when selecting a breeder. I don't know what Michigan's animal laws are like but you still can't be too careful. I was given my Pico by my granddaughter when she and her family realized their lives were just to busy to give him what he obviously deserved in the way of training and attention. I was totally ignorant since he was my first dog and what I have found out since about puppymills, petstores and unethical breeders has shocked and horrified me. I am just sickened to think what people do to these loving animals. Fortunately, Pico was a result of a backyard breeding that the veterinarian of the mother set up. Not to say this is desirable, either, but certainly many steps up from a puppymill. The breeding was to produce pets and not to start a breed line or anything. They have all been neutered and spayed. But I digress.

We all wish you the best of luck in locating a wonderful companion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts