Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone! I have been reading the board for awhile now, and thought I better introduce myself.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, but I am originally from Dallas, Texas.

My husband and I are currently looking to adopt/rescue a Maltese. We are going on Sunday to meet a potential adoptee. From what I hear his current situation isn't very good- but thankfully the people are aware that the little guy needs more than they are giving. From what I understand they are "breeders" and got the Maltese to breed with their toy poodles. But the poodles don't like the Maltese. So for 2 months they have had to keep him away from the poodles- who have been mean to him. I briefly spoke to the woman on the phone who said for 2 months the dog has been living in the utility room- and is sad because he isn't part of the family.
Well, duh! He is a pack animal, and it can devastate them. And Maltese are so very sensitive!

This little guy will be my first Maltese, I have been doing tons of research about the breed for over a year while I waited to find one. I am sure this board, and all it's members will be a great resource. Be prepared for lots of questions!! :lol:

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Pleased to meet you! Good luck with your rescue. Hope all goes well. What's his name/what are you going to name him? He's adorable.
Can't wait to hear more.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Good Luck with the adoption. We can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You are awesome for adopting that little one! And be sure to kick the current owners in the shins for keep the poor little guy locked in the utility room! No wonder most of us like our dogs more than people!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hi Deanna. I've been trying to get caught up on what I've missed on the boards. Did you end up adopting the malt puppy? Glad you are joining our group here at SM. Welcome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts