Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon

I have been viewing your website since joining in June. I have gained so much information from your forum.

In March we purchased a Maltese for my mom (82 years young) whose bichon dog 12 years old had diabetes and went blind. To make a story short we thought Piere was not long to live and I did not want her living alone. So we purchased Reggie at 12 weeks of age so I could house train and have him ready for when mom's dog went to Rainbow Ridge. Well, we fell in love with Reggie and I could not bear to give him up. So we purchased a PomPoo for my mom and he is fuly housebroke, but we still have Tucker too as Mom' dog is doing remarkably good for all that is wrong with him. She gives him two shots a day.

But I have learned so much from your forum about the breed. They are truly the most loveable dog we have ever had, and we have had numerous ones through our 39 years of marriage. My husband travels so much for his job and these two little furbabies are my life now.

Keep up the good work and I love reading how everyone loves their babies.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hi there! Glad you have joined us. We will look forward to hearing all about your malt!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Hello and

·
Registered
7,741 Posts

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Glad you are joining in the fun!

We can't wait to hear your doggie stories and tales, and pictures....we love pictures

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
I understand how you feel about your little furbuddy. My Frosty, now 13 yr. 8 mo., has been my 24/7 companion all these years. My husband is gone 3 nights a week also and Frosty has been my life especially when it is just the 2 or us. Our little furbabies are so sensitive to our feelings, they are so special! They make the perfect soulmate. My poor baby is getting older now and having some health issues, but is still my constant buddy. I'm glad you've found us. It is so nice to have people who understand about our babies and can share and help when needed. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank You to everyone that replied. It is a very friendly site!

I should maybe explain how I became interested in the Maltese breed.

We bred St. Bernards for years when we lived on a farm and still have one now that we moved into town. When we were looking for a home to buy the first thing my husband looked for was a big enough yard for Ralphie and then we looked at the home. So our love of dogs has gone back to many years ago.

Well, back to the Maletese. We went to a AKC dog show in Des Moines Iowa last winter as I just throughly enjoy sitting and watching all breeds show.

Well out into the ring came the Maltese and they literally took my breath away how beautiful they were. After they were done showing I immediately went to the breeds and asked a million questions about them and eventually found our Reggie. We had a schnauser for 15 years in our home but never one this little.

Nothing warms my heart than coming home on my noon hour and being greeted by my furbaby. Always a smile on his face. At times I believe they are almost human and if only they could talk, which he does let us know when he wants something!!!! When I first got him he came to work with me each day until I had him housebroke and then we got Tucker and he came also to work until he was housebroke. Everyone at work keeps begging me when our they coming to visit.

Well enough rambling on, I will try the next step and get some pictures posted as I throughly enjoy looking at everyones precious babies!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by linda poppinga@Oct 13 2005, 03:10 PM
Thank You to everyone that replied.  It is a very friendly site!

I should maybe explain how I became interested in the Maltese breed.

We bred St. Bernards for years when we lived on a farm and still have one now that we moved into town.  When we were looking for a home to buy the first thing my husband looked for was a big enough yard for Ralphie and then we looked at the home.  So our love of dogs has gone back to many years ago.

Well, back to the Maletese.  We went to a AKC dog show in Des Moines Iowa last winter as I just throughly enjoy sitting and watching all breeds show.

Well out into the ring came the Maltese and they literally took my breath away how beautiful they were.  After they were done showing I immediately went to the breeds and asked a million questions about them and eventually found our Reggie.  We had a schnauser for 15 years in our home but never one this little.

Nothing warms my heart than coming home on my noon hour and being greeted by my furbaby.  Always a smile on his face.  At times I believe they are almost human and if only they could talk, which he does let us know when he wants something!!!!  When I first got him he came to work with me each day until I had him housebroke and then we got Tucker and he came also to work until he was housebroke.  Everyone at work keeps begging me when our they coming to visit.

Well enough rambling on, I will try the next step and get some pictures posted as I throughly enjoy looking at everyones precious babies!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109295
[/QUOTE]
DES MOINES?!?!?! I'm from des Moines! Do you live in the area?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by linda poppinga@Oct 12 2005, 11:07 AM
Good Afternoon

I have been viewing your website since joining in June.  I have gained so much information from your forum.

In March we purchased a Maltese for my mom (82 years young) whose bichon dog 12 years old had diabetes and went blind.  To make a story short we thought Piere was not long to live and I did not want her living alone.  So we purchased Reggie at 12 weeks of age so I could house train and have him ready for when mom's dog went to Rainbow Ridge.  Well, we fell in love with Reggie and I could not bear to give him up.  So we purchased a PomPoo for my mom and he is fuly housebroke, but we still have Tucker too as Mom' dog is doing remarkably good for all that is wrong with him.  She gives him two shots a day.

But I have learned so much from your forum about the breed.  They are truly the most loveable dog we have ever had, and we have had numerous ones through our 39 years of marriage.  My husband travels so much for his job and these two little furbabies are my life now. 

Keep up the good work and I love reading how everyone loves their babies.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108916
[/QUOTE]

I just signed up today and already see how useful this site is! I totally agree with your comment. :) My husband travels a lot for work too, so Koa keeps me busy and we keep each other from being lonely. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts