Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

The boys ate some of my lip tint. Will they be ok? I checked for the ingredients and this type is discontinued. They are acting fine. Running around and playing. Is there anything I should look out for?

Rita

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
I don't know what to advise. I saw these as ingredients for the Aveda lip tint in peony that looked like it was discontinued on the internet. Don't know if this is the same one. How much did they eat? I hope they're okay.

Ingredients
Castor seed oil - brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer - candelilla wax - beeswax - ethylhexyl salicylate - olive fruit oil - caprylic/capric triglyceride - bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2 - titanium dioxide - meadowfoam seed oil - oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides - flavor - jojoba seed oil - babassu seed oil - avocado oil - shorea seed butter - mango seed butter - cranberry fruit extract - bilberry fruit extract - blueberry fruit extract - alfalfa leaf powder - pomegranate extract - astaxanthin - tocopherol - ascorbyl palmitate - ammonium glycyrrhizate - safflower seed oil - soybean oil - sunfower seed oil - glyceryl distearate - stearic acid - cholesterol - oleic acid - palmitic acid - ceramide 3 - limonene - aluminum hydroxide - [� mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499)]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were both fighting over it. It looks like Helo found it and Boomer wanted to take it away from him. The cap was off and chewed on a bit. The level of lip tint was low and there are teeth marks on it, but no chunks removed.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We found the ingredients for Verbena Lip Tint. That is the one they got into.

Alfalfa, Algae, Avocado oil, Babassu oil**, Bilberry*, Blueberry*, Cranberry*, Jojoba oil**, Mango butter, Wintergreen oil *organically grown **certified organic Avocado Persea gratissima As early as the 8th century B.C., avocados were believed to be powerful aphrodesiacs. Today, they are more prized for their nutritional qualities, and—in our Lip Tint SPF 15 and Caribbean TherapyTM Body Scrub—for the rich emolliency of their oil. Wintergreen Gaultheria procumbens Best known for its strong, cooling flavor, wintergreen is part of a complex formula that helps shield against sun damage—used for hair in our Color ConserveTM Foaming Leave-In Conditioner and for lips in our Lip Tint SPF 15.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Sorry I have no idea if it is totally safe, but it doesn't seem bad to me. Lola goes bananas for my aveda lip salve. She comes flying up to try and lick my lips when I put it on. Too funny.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Rita -- I think it is safe. I know that the humans that wear it probably also ingest some as they lick their lips and such. I won't worry unless they start having problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts