Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help anyone who has had skin infections of any type, is this healing?? It’s been on her since I got my puppy from the breeder and I actually think it got worse which is weird since I bathe her with sebazole twice a week and use topical ointments already.

is it because I make her wear clothing???
Any ideas?

E37F6E48-8B3E-4202-B9BE-189616F5AF9C.png
CE1DE2CA-2B39-4EE0-8EB3-5B874B69F97D.png
F1D155A5-3AAA-486C-A19B-8F0522D8DF6D.png
6092018D-BD67-4507-A403-665463276D62.png

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
It is hard to sell, but it seems very irritated. I am not sure clothing would be an issue, but the kind of detergent you use might be.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Did you let the Breeder know about this skin issue??? Perhaps you might want to check with you Vet and see what he/she says?

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
Didnt your vet dx your dog with ringworm? I would be calling or bringing her back in ASAP because it doesn't look like it’s healing, imo.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
And if this is in fact Ringworm, I would not keep putting Clothes on her and would immediately wash them in a strong enough detergent to get rid of any infection that might be in the clothes.

·
Premium Member
17,495 Posts
Did you consult a vet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi everybody, thanks for the replies!

Currently, her condition has improved A LOT. The inflammation has gone down so much as she stopped scratching herself. I think it's because my vet finally gave her oral medication for the ringworm, which is Griseofulvin. And the sebazole baths have helped so much as well. I bathe her every 4-5 days for now. It's been a few days since I've started giving her Griseofulvin, and so far I've been advised to give it to her for 2 weeks. I just hope it'll finally go down since she's been dealing with this for nearly 2 months.

Yes, I disinfect her area every morning while she's out in the sun (I put her on a chair for 15 mins every morning to get some sunlight on her ringworm). I use bleach and water to mop my room (the only room she has access to and I let it dry out so the smell is gone since I heard it's toxic for dogs so she'll be in her crate during this time in another room). After a few hours, I'll let her back into her xpen in my room. I also wash her beds every 3 days and I shine in under sunlight every day. So around 8:30 am to 2 pm is when her bed is gone and she needs to lay on towels only since I heard the fungi die under sunlight.

Everything is actually going to plan but...
I might start another discussion on this soon and its about potty training during her ringworm.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
SO glad it's improving. Not fun to have to be treating a new puppy. Surprised that the breeder let you take her with the ringworm.

Lainie

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Yes, I am too very surprised that the Breeder let you take her. Not sure whether or not you contacted the Breeder or not but I certainly would since it is highly contagious and Puppies from that same litter might have it as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I bought her from a petshop who bought her from that breeder. She’s complained to the breeder but she has not replied. I’m just here to update on her skin... i think its healing already and I’m so proud of my puppy.
this was her before....

and now her current condition

The fact that there are tiny hairs legit makes me so happy already... I hope she’ll reach full recovery soon

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Did you take her to your Vet?? I think that even though you said that it is healing and that the hairs are growing in there is evidence that there is something not right with her skin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SO glad it's improving. Not fun to have to be treating a new puppy. Surprised that the breeder let you take her with the ringworm.

Lainie
Hi yess I know its far from being completely healed and currently she is getting medicated baths, miconazole 2% topical ointment, and consuming griseofulvin for almost 2 weeks now. I’m going to continue medication until 6 weeks and may even continue passed there.

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
Please do not assume it’s healing just from looking at it. Unless your vet does a skin scraping, you will not know for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts