Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunter is once again participating in the big annual fundraiser for the shelter we adopted him from.

Each year they do a big fundraising walk (its 2 miles) to replenish the "Sadie Fund." Monies in this fund go directly towards the medical care and treatment of the animals while they are in the care of the shelter.

Hunter participates in this walk each year as he received monies from the Sadie Fund not once, but twice! During his first stay at the shelter he was neutered and had his ears cleaned. During his second stay (a mere 6 months later) he had to have teeth extracted and his ears cleaned again.

This shelter doesn't just clean ears and remove teeth (and other parts - GULP:w00t:) with these monies. They also use the money for bigger displays of love such as cataract surgery, diabetes treatment, knee surgery, and anything a otherwise healthy and adoptable pet needs to find its forever home.

Last yeat Hunter raised $675.00 and hopes to raise $800 this year. If you are able, please visit Hunter's fundraising site and make a donation. Any size can make a difference to the animals that really need just a bit more TLC before they can find their way home.

ANIMAL WELFARE SOCIETY INC - Hunter's Fundraising Page

A big thanks from Hunter!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
What a great shelter! Butchie wants to help because he didn't get all those things done where he was. (But he was free. ;) )

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hunter wants to thank both Tyler & Butchie for donating to his walk - "you guys are the bestest!!!!":thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That is so wonderful of you Hunter!!! I just recently started back to working again and am unable to donate quite yet...but I am pulling for you that you meet and exceed your goal! You are Da Man!!!!! Six paws up from Gracie, Pip & Daisy :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I love that you & Hunter are helping spread the love that he has twice received. I am going to ask my husband if we can donate even a few dollars to help out such a wonderful cause. :heart:

:ThankYou:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Tyler was happy to help his best buddy raise money for the new kids on the block.:chili::chili: If only there weren't new kids coming into shelters, but until that time, they need all the help they can get. Thanks for doing this Hunter and Erin!:wub:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Erin ... I sent you an email per the address provided for donations.

Please let me know if I can donate without going through the web. I can write a check or use my Visa per phone.

I would love to be a part in helping you reach your goal!

Hugs ...

Marie

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Hunter, I hope you reach your goal! I just donated and I hope it helps.
What a great little guy you are for helping others.
:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hunter wants to send a BIG thank you to Zoey, Tess, Emy (Jane too) and Chloe, Alvin & Reginald (Mary too) for their donations to his walk!!!

Hunter is excited to report that he is 1/8 of the way to his goal and its thanks to all his pals here on SM!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Tell Hunter he's doing better at raising funds than my DH is for his cancer team for the NYC Marathon. I'll have to tell DH he's being beaten by a fluff. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Hey, it's who you know and how cute you are. I won't tell DH that last part.B)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
oh Hunter I so admire your eagerness to help those in need . .that is why we love you dearly :wub: I hope you reach your goal :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tell Hunter he's doing better at raising funds than my DH is for his cancer team for the NYC Marathon. I'll have to tell DH he's being beaten by a fluff. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Hey, it's who you know and how cute you are. I won't tell DH that last part.B)
Ha ha ha - tell DH that he really needs to shake his tail feathers to raise the money (Hunter's really good at shaking that little white tail of his and looking cute!)

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Hunter:

Fank you fer doin dis. I wuz in a shelter too so I know wut it's wike.

Tessa

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Erin,

We, Barron (Lucy is too young for this years walk), Richard and myself will be there on Sept. 12th! We have planned this event for some time now -

Sadies Fund is a WONDERFUL way to help animals in need. You have our support!

Allie

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hunter asked me to *BUMP* up this thread.

He continued training while on vacation but it was H-O-T so he didn't walk quite as far as he usually does. He wants everyone to know that he is taking this seriously though and will resume his training full time starting today! Hunter is thankful for all the support he has received so far and is still working to reach his goal.

If you would like to help by donating to Hunter's walk - please follow this link:
ANIMAL WELFARE SOCIETY INC - Hunter's Fundraising Page

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Erin, you have mail at your post office that was delivered there on September 2nd. With the holiday weekend, I just wanted to make sure that you know it is there. I will PM you the USPS tracking number just in case you need it.

Please give Hunter cuddles and kisses from his Auntie Marie.:wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hunter is so thankful to all his friends who have donated.

Currently, Hunter is at $470.00 which is more than 1/2 way to his goal of $800!!! Thank you so much to all his friends who have donated so far and a special thanks to Snowball and Marie for their recent donation and Kat & Snowy & Crystal too! Hunter's walk is this coming weekend so there is still plenty of time to make a donation if you are able :)

Click HERE to make a donation.

xoxo
Hunter & Erin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts