Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
What wonderful news Sandi and now you can finally relax knowing that the test showed no traces of tick borne disease. And thanks for sharing as well.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
. . . and now to get rid of the sores around Lisi's nose & mouth---I am going to resort (after about 3-4 yrs of resistance) to a steroid cream from the vet. She is rubbing her face on table legs due to the itching & has lost some of her hair there. Her nose bridge was crusty but is better this week. I have tried all I know to do. I asked the vet for a referral to a dermatologist at the ER clinic & she asked me to consider trying this first. My fear is that it will get better & then when I take her off it will worsen again~ I am not big on "just treating symptoms."

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,083 Posts
Great news about the test results. One less thing to worry about. Are Lisi's mouth issues seasonal or do they occur year round. I understand your point about trying to get to the root of the issue, but I am sure they are discomforting and giving her some relief might not be a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Pretty much all year round---sometimes much more noticeable than other times---but always there & itchy. She has lost some facial hair because she is constantly rubbing her face. The problem is I can't keep her on the steroid or it could cause cushings disease. I do think some relief is important so here we go. She slept better already last night! as did I! :) I am also using it on the digets.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts