Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright...welll my family and I have tought Mugsy how to come, sit, lay, speak, and jump...well now i want to teach him to roll over! buttt...i just cant seem to get him to do it!
Have any of you tought your pup how to roll over..help me! I need a good easy fun way to teach him to do it! Post up!!!!

<3 Tiff

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Dr. Cathy showed me how and It worked! It took me ONLY 10 mins! Let me go find the thread. BRB.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Well, I just grabbed a handful of cheerios in an attempt to teach Tuffy that roll over trick... He absolutely, flat out, refuses to roll over.
We had a similar problem in puppy school that he refused to lay on his side. So I don't think this trick is happening for us.. Oh well! Let us know how it works for Mugsy!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker wont roll over..the whole hand rolling thing makes him nervous..i do it very slow so it wouldnt scare him , but it does...so i gave up on that one...but he knows sit, down, head down, sit up, and giveme a five. i dont know if he is capable to learn any more. he was the hardest dog i have ever trained. guess hes not as smart, but i love him to death! maybe u can pick up some pointers from this guy!:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I taught Brinkley roll over very similiar to the way Dr. Cathy described...I made him lay down and then did the "o" motion close to his side/shoulder...he caught on too, but will only do it for a treat. He is like Toby, you have to calm him down first
. Now he rolls over all the time and looks at me with this goofy panting smile...I know he wants me to go get him a treat...(so I usually do...)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats why i hate using treats...cuz then they're dependent on them. LOL. with mine---i would start making them do 2 tricks...then 4 tricks...then 5 tricks till they got a treat. lol. now they'll do anything even if i dont have a treat. BUT they still try to attack dogs while on leash----still working on that. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts