Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a slight panic attack... It's 3:40 am my time and Tini has thrown up about 8 times in the past half hour... I don't know what to do... she just fell asleep on my lap. but I'm at a loss for knowing what to do. I don't know what it possibly could be....if anyone is online please help!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is Tini still vomiting? If so what's comming out. Can you see anything familliar? Does the breathing sound normal? You can check her gums to make sure they're a nice pink color. It could be any little thing that's not agreeing with her but if she ate somthing and it's not comming up her body just may try to keep expelling it. Is she holding any water down? Please keep me updated. I'm sooo worried for you.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for responding... about a 1/2 hour after the episode she kept trying to get on my bed... she fell asleep and I also nodded off
She hasn't gotten sick again...

I looked at her vomit each time and only the frist time was there anything in it... which looked like she took a bite of her poop.

I am taking the morning off work, and keeping CLOSE eye on her.
Waiting to hear from the vet... I didn't call till around 5am.

Thank you for your concern. I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She had a lot of excitement yesterday. My roommate came home after a week of being away...and so Milo is also back. They played so hard for at least 3 hours... also she didn't eat last night... so maybe the poop really upset her stomach...
I was just so scared... I had no idea what to do...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
oh man... I really hope Tini is okay! Is she Lethargic? I just know that when a dog has thrown up so much or too much in a short period pf time.. they will show signs of being sick. Something like this happened to Kodie. He had to be hospitalized though... he was put on IVs over night and he stopped throwing up. We never found out why this happened.. except that this happened right after going to the groomer for the first time. Make sure you dont leave Tini alone today without knowing 100% if shes okay. You dont want to come home with her just laying there. (not to scare you... but better safe than sorry because our babies are so tiny) Let us know what happens with the doc! Kodie and I send hugs!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update #2:
She has an appointment this evening at 7:00 UNLESS I start to panic even more and then I can take her to the ER. My vet said to keep trying to give her water and keep an eye on her all day... unless she starts to get sick he doesn't see a need for me to bring her to the ER.

On top of everything, I had to come into work for a few hours to finish a project, but my mom is at my apartment.

It's amazing how "baby-like" they are. I don't know if anyone else gets teased for how they treat their dogs, but I am always getting mocked because she is my baby! It's times like this though that I am greatful for my mom and she doesn't mock me in anyway or tell me 'it's a dog'...

I've been a wreck all morning (tearing up writing this)... she is just so fragile and little, and such a huge part of my life. She has been off and on sick this past month with her bladder infections... I can take the bladder infection, at least you know what is wrong. Last night was just aweful, I had no idea what was happening... and of course it had to happen at 3:00am.

I just want to say <span style="font-family:Geneva">THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING. I CAN'T PUT INTO WORDS HOW MUCH YOU ALL HELP ME EVERYDAY!!! </span>

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
AWW! Poor baby! keep us posted...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Jan 20 2005, 09:08 AM
It's amazing how "baby-like" they are. I don't know if anyone else gets teased for how they treat their dogs, but I am always getting mocked because she is my baby! It's times like this though that I am greatful for my mom and she doesn't mock me in anyway or tell me 'it's a dog'... [/size][/color][/font]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30520
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. My family and friends think its weird but my mom and dad baby Lexi too.

Glad to hear she is doing better. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awwww... I do not think your weird at all for the way you treat your baby! I do the same thing... well... everyone should know that by some of my posts... haha... I agree so much with you... they are such fragile little babies! I DO NOT think they are like other dogs AT ALL! They are so special. Everytime i run into another Maltese owner... they say the same thing! They are such little babies... and are like children!
Your a GREAT mommy, Natalie! Dont listen to insensitive people!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I hope Tini is feeling better this morning. Hopefully it's just an upset stomach. Next time she has a bout of vomiting try to give her beptobismol. Ask the vet for the dosage. I have a friend who gives that to her maltese when he has an upset stomach. I think she gives 1/4 teaspoon. Her Malt weighs barely 5 lbs.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Jan 20 2005, 10:49 AM
I hope Tini is feeling better this morning. Hopefully it's just an upset stomach. Next time she has a bout of vomiting try to give her beptobismol. Ask the vet for the dosage. I have a friend who gives that to her maltese when he has an upset stomach. I think she gives 1/4 teaspoon. Her Malt weighs barely 5 lbs.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30528
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that info, I will ask my vet. I told him I would check in later afternoon! I swear, they pretty much know my voice now!

So, I'm sitting here at work waiting around to do my part of this project... Why am I not going to get it until 10 to 12, when I am supposed to leave at 12? Of course it will take me like 3 seconds to do...it's always the way isn't it?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I hope Tini is feeling better. Peanut has always had an extra sensitive stomach, so I know how helpless I sometimes felt trying to figure out what happened to him and how to make it better. I hope Tini gets better real soon!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm so sorry. I was holding dogs all day and missed this post. I hope she is better by now. Having a sick dog is the worst. At least human kids can tell you what is wrong! It sure is great to have lots of people who can give you encouragement, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, here is the latest update...

As of last night around 7 Tini was fine... I talked to the vet and she had eaten dinner and had a little to drink...

well at 9 o'clock everything came back up... the kept getting sick again through out the night and was pretty out of it... Got in w/ the same vet first thing this morning (7am).

Well, he did a stool test to check for parasites, checked a whole bunch of stuff to see if maybe she had a blockage...but everything came back negative. He said she probably just has the flu. He gave her (what looks like a balloon on her back) full of fluids and she is not allowed to eat/drink for 24 hours to calm her stomach down. He also gave her a steriod because she is so inflamed (she has a really red bellly, but no fever).

So I'm at home again, making sure Milo doesn't try to play with her... or she doesn't do anything crazy...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts